Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2005, 05:44 AM

Default Re: should I of folded this house 20+2

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you don't see why it is wrong to check on the flop and the turn with what most likely is the best hand then I am sure you are a losing player.

[/ QUOTE ]
Alriht [censored]. Im not a losing player far from it. Im trying to win a big pot here early but I can easily get away from this if the board become to scary. I have very little invested and the pot is small.

[/ QUOTE ]

What you have "invested" is completely irrelevant. And why are you worrying about the board becoming to scary? Are you seriously looking for ways to get away from a flopped set?

And I am fairly certain that you are not a winning player. You have huge fundamental leaks.
Old 09-20-2005, 05:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What you have "invested" is completely irrelevant. And why are you worrying about the board becoming to scary? Are you seriously looking for ways to get away from a flopped set?

And I am fairly certain that you are not a winning player. You have huge fundamental leaks.

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all how the [censored] would you know If im a winning player or not. Secondly Im not trying to get away form a set Im slowplaying it but Im aware of the possible draws out there and I can lay it down if they hit. Thirdly the question was about the river. Im aware I could of played it differently up until that point and i will take not of all the comments but the river is the tough part of the hand and the part that Im really looking for help on.
Old 09-20-2005, 05:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all how the [censored] would you know If im a winning player or not. Secondly Im not trying to get away form a set Im slowplaying it but Im aware of the possible draws out there and I can lay it down if they hit. Thirdly the question was about the river. Im aware I could of played it differently up until that point and i will take not of all the comments but the river is the tough part of the hand and the part that Im really looking for help on.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not going to bother to try to help you anymore. I don't think you are receptive enough to take advice. Good luck with your slowplaying ways.
Old 09-20-2005, 06:15 AM

First of all, I agree with everyone that you need to bet before river. It is understandable that you want to slowplay your monster on the flop, but I think it is the wrong move.

Second, it is impossible for you to make a read on the river because of your mistakes on previous streets, and I think that is the real reason for your difficulties.

Third, if forced to play flop and turn this way, I push everytime on this river.
Old 09-20-2005, 06:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
First of all, I agree with everyone that you need to bet before river. It is understandable that you want to slowplay your monster on the flop, but I think it is the wrong move.

Second, it is impossible for you to make a read on the river because of your mistakes on previous streets, and I think that is the real reason for your difficulties.

Third, if forced to play flop and turn this way, I push everytime on this river.

[/ QUOTE ]

best post so far thank you. Disagree with the river but a well thought out response.
Old 09-20-2005, 06:43 AM

Why should you think about getting away from the hand if it gets scary?
Try to make the most out of it instead. You have a great hand, it's disguised and will probably be paid off by any ace out there.

You shouldn't be afraid of people sitting with draws, you should bet enough on the flop and the turn that they make mistakes by calling.

I'd bet maybe 20-30 on the flop, and 2/3 the pot on the turn, if they call and make a bigger full house, so be it.
Old 09-20-2005, 06:44 AM

I see that you want to slow play but you flopped a set. You have to make the draws pay to get there and get chips from the Ace(If someone has it). This is not a good time to slowplay. You dont flop a set all the time and passing up a chance at a ton of chips in a SNG early is very -EV IMO. You cant know where your at and if you may be beat if you never bet to extract info and chips.
Old 09-20-2005, 06:47 AM

also you said your not trying to get away from the set but you said if it gets scary you can fold. Thats a horrible outlook on the hand. Flop a monster and the first thing you want to do is not get any chips in just incase they hit. Well then chips are only going in the pot if your beat if you want to slowplay it with flush draws and straight draws. Look up Betting for Value. Sorry if I was mean about it but I think you missed played it horribly and need to get some Balls and not be scared.
Old 09-20-2005, 06:58 AM

What hands is that a good way to play the flop against? The way I see it, you'd very much prefer to be betting against: An Ace, two pair, a flush draw, a straight draw. And it's okay against bottom/mid pair or complete blanks. So it's bad against any hand you stand to make a lot of chips from, and okay against hands that aren't going to give you many chips no matter what you do. Oh and it's okay against monsters under the bed.
Old 09-20-2005, 07:14 AM

This is pretty weak. You are aiming to minimise your losses, which is a fine thing, but you also have to maximise your winnings.

This is just too dangerous a flop to give two freecards. I am betting this all the way, and betting it so that draws are making serious mistakes in calling me.

Furthermore, what looks like minimising your losses is deceptive. What if someone else has a well disguised hand that hit on the river? You can't get away from it now that the board paired. I assume that's why you're posting the hand, incidentally, as the (ok, sometimes abrasive) feedback has been responded to from you as if the posters are suggesting you shower once a month, not that this isn't the ideal place to slowplay.