Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2005, 11:15 PM

Default Re: SIMPLE 100/200 HAND. RIVER DECISION.

[ QUOTE ]
"maybe i didnt make it clear in the OP, but this guy is def LAG."

no you definitely didnt make that clear. so expect a lot of people to say fold. his pv numbers wouldve helped..

[/ QUOTE ]

I have him at 30/18/1.33 over 6500 hands.
Old 09-19-2005, 11:34 PM

"I have him at 30/18/1.33 over 6500 hands."

ok so he's not lag postflop. and he's dumb/self taught/loose enough to play a bunch of bad aces that way. i know this type of player they are everywhere. so fold.
Old 09-20-2005, 12:21 AM

If you don't think he has an ace why not check-raise? If you're wrong and he has AT/AJ he might fold it.

If you do think he has an ace, why call on the turn?
Old 09-20-2005, 12:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you're wrong and he has AT/AJ he might fold it.

[/ QUOTE ]
never. gonna. happen.
[ QUOTE ]
If you do think he has an ace, why call on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]i dont think he has an A, think he has two cards.
i have a Jhigh flush draw.
Old 09-20-2005, 01:21 AM

"If you're wrong and he has AT/AJ he might fold it."

i still remember doing this once against a certain player in the commerce 1-2 game. i had ATs and had called his raise preflop and he bet the flop and i just called and then he checkraised me on the turn and i folded. i had been playing crappy and at the point he c/red me i just realised from some tells/his demeanor that it was so likely he had AK and i wanted so bad to make a good laydown and not pay him off. yet it was so so hard to do. and i still remember doing it. and i play pretty good. so there's no way on earth a bad or mediocre player is ever finding that fold and i do mean ever.
Old 09-20-2005, 01:43 AM

Default Re:DECISION WAS ON THE TURN.

i fold. however, if your going to call the turn, then i prefer that you bet it. he might fold. if he raises you fold, if he calls your probably beat (and your done). by cheacking and calling you find out nothing, and you are now in the same position on the river, hence your question. for 1 big bet on the turn, you know if he has you (and save the river call), so bet it if you are going to call anyway. again, i fold.
Old 09-20-2005, 01:50 AM

Are you taking into account the flush draw in your turn bet/fold line?
Old 09-20-2005, 02:30 AM

hi amulet... iappreciate your advice, but bet/folding this turn is a really bad play. youre just giving away money bet/folding here.
check/call and bet/call are the only plays on the turn... my question is about the river.
Old 09-20-2005, 02:54 AM

Default not sure this is such an easy fold...

Would it be a dick move to post his PP name? Anyway if he is a thinking, tricky player its kinda an interesting spot. I think you have to call here. The reason is that the third diamond came on turn. If we look at the hand from his persepctive, if he is capable of floating the flop and betting when checked to on the turn with something like 55,77, or whatever, he might have reason to fire the river when you check.

When you bet the flop and then check call the turn, he is defintely gonna give you a pair of some sort, obv. not an ace. So he very well might put you on maybe 88-KK with diamond, and could be thinking there is a reasonable chance you called the turn not to showdown but to try and improve on the river. If the turn had came a small blank or something, and not a diamond I'd say its a pretty easy fold. But since the third flush card hit on the turn, it changes the way he might be reading your hand and swings it to a call IMO. The fact that the queen came on the river might also temp him to bluff at it with say 77, since it makes it that much harder to call with something like jacks or tens, even though it doesnt factor in with the rest of the hand so much.

If you have been calling down pretty light and you think he probably takes notice of that stuff then I'd probably still fold. I have no idea what he thinks of you and what he thinks you think of him and thats kinda everything in these spots IMO. Im assuming you guys dont have a real long history together so not a lot of that stuff is gonna matter too much here.
Old 09-20-2005, 04:10 AM

curious: did he post utg off the jump when he entered? if so, he might've done it for metagame reasons. or did he post in the co cold stone? that info could help me diagnose this situation better.

he's LAG, EMP, probly has the nuts everytime he plays. judging from the action i put him square on 45 of diamonds. he missed a bet on the flop by not raising but he probly was looking at scott fischman nudes. (pm for links)

he hits his straight+flush on the turn with a straight flush redraw and bets. you call thinking JJ with the flush draw is good, but it isn't.

another overcard on the river, you check, he bets, you call, you lose. pretty simple, eh?

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]