Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2003, 02:26 PM

Default Re: I luuuuuuuuuuuv you Party Players!

FWIW, I don't think there's anything all that bad about a relatively new player posting to celebrate a great session against some really bad players. Sometimes things happen at the poker table that you want to share w/ someone and nobody in your "real life" fits the bill.

"Honey - can you believe this? I flopped a full house and some guy w/ a flush draw capped on every street including the river when he made his flush!!!"

"Well, did you win?"

Anyway, after you've been playing for a while longer, you'll have so many session like this and so many sessions that feel the exact opposite that you probably won't find them nearly as noteworthy of any comment. But as I said, I don't think there's anything all that wrong w/ this post.

Nice session, keep playing well, and keep keeping the comments off the table.
Old 09-15-2003, 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

"Honey - can you believe this? I flopped a full house and some guy w/ a flush draw capped on every street including the river when he made his flush!!!"

"Well, did you win?"

[/ QUOTE ]

That's good [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].

Thanks for understanding. A lot of you guys have played probably 5,000+ hours -- I'm at around 250. And like I said in one of the replies, I've been through one bad downswing before, and I know that another will hit sooner or later. This wasn't a "I'm ten-feet tall and bulletproof!" post. I'll get my comeuppance soon enough [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Old 09-15-2003, 02:34 PM

Default Re: My Comments

GuyOnTilt,

I agree with you on the pointless posts. In fact, I posted something last week that was pointless, and I felt a little bad about it afterward.

But if someone who contributes to the forum and is generally an interesting poster posts something silly like Bokonon did, I'll cut him some slack.

Bokonon, I agree with Dynasty that this is poor etiquette, but I'll forgive you as long as you don't make a habit of it. No matter how good we get at playing these low limit games, there is always a level at which we are the fish, so a little humilty is in order.
Old 09-15-2003, 02:35 PM

I thought this was hilarious. Perhaps more suitable for the news, views, gossip forum, but funny none-the-less.

"happy dance".... i love this.
Old 09-15-2003, 03:14 PM

Hey I might be one of your new best buddies. Are you playing 2/4, do you go by Bokonon? I don't think we've ever sat together. I was in the tilt zone all of yesterday dropped 100 bb over two sessions (I'm still up 100 bb for the month).

No biggie, I have no one to blame but myself whenever I get into trouble.

After doing some soul searching I figure 75 bb were due to bad decisions the other 25 luck, or maybe it was all bad decisions who knows.

As one of your possible "buddies" I take no offense, the other form of gambling I used to enjoy is 9ball where talking crap and sharking are the norm.
Old 09-15-2003, 05:44 PM

This was funny because Bokonon was clever with his writing style, why can't people just appreciate that?