Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2005, 10:45 AM

Default Re: Christian Children\'s Fund

[ QUOTE ]
I recall an amusing anecdote from a pakistani person who said that Gordon College in Lahore (a christian organization) offered free tuition to a number of people every year if they converted to christianity. The rate at which people converted back after graduation was astounding.

[/ QUOTE ]

My only real beef with Christian charities is just that, they want to convert everyone on the planet, not a good thing. Other than that they do good work.

Mack
Old 09-19-2005, 11:37 AM

Default Re: Christian Children\'s Fund

[ QUOTE ]
Setting aside local church based charities (which I would agree in general with your statement) are you familiar with international charities (like CCF) to comment on: the percentage of the donated dollar that goes DIRECTLY to the intended recipient's benefit?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is something that is obviously going to vary from charity to charity but CCF puts 80% of its revenue directly into program costs. They spend 8% for admin and 11% on fundraising. Incidentally, that info was pulled off one of the sites Otis listed above.

[ QUOTE ]
I recall an amusing anecdote from a pakistani person who said that Gordon College in Lahore (a christian organization) offered free tuition to a number of people every year if they converted to christianity. The rate at which people converted back after graduation was astounding

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, based on that andecdote, I am guessing that Lahore College is not an academic powerhouse. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]