Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2003, 09:04 AM

Default Observation on image

David,

I want to know if you have a similar experience to me. (These are at 2/4 and 3/6 Party). I find that if I am doing well at a table much more of my bets/raises are respected than if I have been doing poorly. Do you find the same thing to be true for you?

If I find I am getting too much respect I will slowplay more. But I have yet to think of a good change to make if I can't get any respect and all semi-bluffs are called. Any advice?
Old 09-15-2003, 11:01 AM

Default Good Point

I guess I am glad you folded now that you reminded me of those hands.
Old 09-15-2003, 11:37 AM

Default Re: Playing online for a living week 20

The book idea sounds good. Maybe you could call it "Winning Low Limit Poker On The Internet" the real deal.

On another note I know how you feel physically (even though I'm a few years younger). After 20 years in the Army I am all banged up. Although I never ran any marathons I have pounded the pavement almost every day for 20 years not to mention road marching 20km every other month with 50-70 pounds on my back.

Good luck, see you when I make the "permanent" jump to 3/6.

"2+2=4"
Old 09-15-2003, 11:54 AM

Default Re: Observation on image

[ QUOTE ]
If I find I am getting too much respect I will slowplay more. But I have yet to think of a good change to make if I can't get any respect and all semi-bluffs are called. Any advice?

[/ QUOTE ]

Limp with fewer hands, but bet like crazy when you flop something. You'll get paid off big when you hit your hands. I actually don't mind turning over a bluffed or semi-bluffed losing hand in the first couple of orbits since it sets up this kind of play later on.
Old 09-15-2003, 12:02 PM

If I find I am getting too much respect I will slowplay more.

You should also bluff/semibluff more and limp/reraise with good hands.

But I have yet to think of a good change to make if I can't get any respect and all semi-bluffs are called. Any advice?

Tighten up and pound them with your good hands! Fold hands that flopped marginally, a lot of value goes out of these hands if you can't sometimes win the pot uncontested.
Old 09-15-2003, 12:06 PM

Thank you. I was thinking along these lines but you make it so clear. Only been playing 2 months so it is still a swirl of information sometimes.
Old 09-15-2003, 12:49 PM

Default Paradise or Party, why?

Hi David:

I was wondering what is difference between the games at Party and Paradise?

Why do you play higher limits a Paradise? Are the 5-10 games easier than 3-6 , more selection?

I thought the low limits games at Paradise where very though (not from experience).

thanks

JAque
Old 09-15-2003, 02:32 PM

Location: \"Let me make it nearly unanimous -- misplayed on every street.\"
Default Re: Paradise or Party, why?

Paradise games are a little tougher. The 5/10 can turn into a rock garden if your not carefull, and typically plays a lot tighter than any party game. I have a feeling that David is playing in the 5/10 on Paradise for a couple of reasons.
A) it was his normal game
B)He can only play 2 tables at paradise
C)The 3/6 at paradise is not any easier.
D)He likes betting into slavic when slavic holds the nuts.
Old 09-15-2003, 02:37 PM

Default Re: Paradise or Party, why?

I would say that C is the best reason for picking 5/10 at Paradise.
Old 09-15-2003, 03:40 PM

Default Re: Playing online for a living week 20

I think the book is a great idea. Obviously, I think you'd want to flesh out this weekly entries a bit as your chapters. But even more then that, I think you want to try to get down as many "Hand Stories" as you can without impacting your play/earn. There's your meat. I mean, it's nice to read about how you're raking it in, but that stuff is static. There aren't 3 volumes of "Poker Essays" for nothing, man. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

In fact, off the top of my head if you could come up with a few pages of weekly sumamry (excluding the hand stories), covering your mood, outside events (soccer games, the going door-to-door...), daily recaps and the like (basically, all the stuff you provide now, fleshed out) and then followed it with 10-15 hand stories to make a 10-15 page chapter and then had one chapter per week you could easily package it as "Online Poker for a living: Year 1" or something. You could even cut the # of stories down per week and pad the beginning with how you got to the point of deciding to play poker online for a living. Include the periodic job hunt updates (and gradual leaning towards staying with poker) and you've got something.

Hell, I'd buy it right now. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]