Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2005, 09:23 AM

Default Re: Can PokerRoom really do this?

[ QUOTE ]
About 3 weeks ago me friends account and mine were frozen when my friend tried to cash out $1100 because of suspicious activity. The suspicious activity was that my friend and I played heads up in a private ring game where I intentionally lost $700 to him because I owed him some money and was over the transfer limit.

Pokerroom asked us to send a picture of our ID's and the credit card to clear up the issue (we used the same credit card to deposit because my bank does not allow online gambling) We send them the credit card and the ID's over a week ago and pokerroom has been refusing to respond to our e-mails making me think they our going to take our money. Can they really do this? We broke no rules, that I know of, and did not cheat anyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
About 3 weeks ago me friends account and mine were frozen when my friend tried to cash out $1100 because of suspicious activity. The suspicious activity was that my friend and I played heads up in a private ring game where I intentionally lost $700 to him because I owed him some money and was over the transfer limit.

Pokerroom asked us to send a picture of our ID's and the credit card to clear up the issue (we used the same credit card to deposit because my bank does not allow online gambling) We send them the credit card and the ID's over a week ago and pokerroom has been refusing to respond to our e-mails making me think they our going to take our money. Can they really do this? We broke no rules, that I know of, and did not cheat anyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

There seem to be at least two sub plots here.. I've highlighted them for you.

Lori
Old 09-02-2005, 09:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It is against their rules but I hope you get your $ back.

If you are both legit players then Pokerroom would be stealing your money by not returning it. A much greater crime than your rule breach.

It is necessary to have rules like this to protect from fraud however just because a rule is broken it doesn't give a site carte blanche to steal all a player's money for themselves. That would be neither just, fair or equitable.

Always be folding

[/ QUOTE ]

He shouldnt get his money back.

Welcome to darwinism, pokerroom style. If your stupid enough to have two accounts using 1 credit card to deposit, and then chip dump, you deserve to lose your money.

Send the cash to one of the many disasters that has happened recently.

Phill
Old 09-18-2005, 07:18 PM

Just thought you might be interested in knowing that I got my money from pokerroom, although it took 3 weeks.
Old 09-18-2005, 07:35 PM

chip dumping is against the rules. however, there have been previous cases like this with other main sites and after the players explain thier scenarios, the sites have always released the money. unfortunetly, you may be in trouble because pokerroom is run by a bunch of assh0le morons. you should have known better and not chip dumped in this first place. give your friend a check. basic common sense saves you from problems like this
Old 09-18-2005, 07:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
right or wrong, I dont like PokerRoom after this.
I'm not going to open an account at PokerRoom, even it was my plan before I <font color="red">red</font> this.

[/ QUOTE ]

If anything it should make you want to open an account more knowing that they actually pay attention to what is going on at <font color="red">there</font> tables. Chip dumping infringes on the integrity of online poker and any site that does not have a zero tolerance policy on this will never get my service. Seriously, would you rather play at sites that allow this sort of shady money laundering? In your world drug deals, and other illicit activity, including credit card fraud would happen on an infintesimal level. If you aren't going to play PR now make it for a legitimate reason, i.e. their new rake structure, rather than the fact that they are sticking it to a kid who laundered money to his buddy on their site as that only reflects badly upon you as well.
~Justin

[/ QUOTE ]
Irony rocks! (Crap! Now I can't mispell anything in this post!)

Seriously, PR should give the guy his money back IMO. I understand this is to combat money laundering, and I don't mind them scaring this guy straight, after they make sure he is not a drug dealer or terrorist. But yeah, this was pretty dumb, but certainly no dumber that other chip dumping posts, and probably less dumb than most. At least this guy seems to know he should not have done it after being told so repeatedly (as opposed to the clowns who argue they didn't do anything wrong ad nauseum).
Old 09-18-2005, 07:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Irony rocks! (Crap! Now I can't <font color="red"> mispell</font> anything in this post!)

Seriously, PR should give the guy his money back IMO. I understand this is to combat money laundering, and I don't mind them scaring this guy straight, after they make sure he is not a drug dealer or terrorist. But yeah, this was pretty dumb, but certainly no dumber that other chip dumping posts, and probably less dumb than most. At least this guy seems to know he should not have done it after being told so repeatedly (as opposed to the clowns who argue they didn't do anything wrong ad nauseum).

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry I couldnt resist. Should be misspell.

mis新pell ( P ) Pronunciation Key (ms-spl)
tr.v. mis新pelled, or mis新pelt (-splt) mis新pell搏ng, mis新pells
To spell incorrectly.
Old 09-18-2005, 07:49 PM

DAMMIT! I should have run the whole post through spell check.

You know I can ban you, right?

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-18-2005, 10:01 PM

Default You should have read the rules at Poker host before playing

lol, couldn't help it