Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2005, 02:32 PM

Default BB defense postflopp (PP 10/20)

The opponent is a typical 10/20 player no need to say more... Calilng the turn raise becasue the gutshot and think I've got outs on the ace. Bad play?

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)
Preflop: Hero is BB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.25 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 9.25 BB
Old 09-18-2005, 02:38 PM

Default Re: BB defense postflopp (PP 10/20)

I would either c/c or c/f this flop.

Once he calls your flop c/r you're pretty much toast on that rainbow board unless he has JK TJ TK. I think you have to call this turn raise...you're getting 7.25:1 and you have 5.5 outs (I'll give your ace 1.5 outs). Given your line the river c/f is good against a standard 10/20 player.
Old 09-18-2005, 02:58 PM

I dont like the CR much. Your hand did not connect with this flop at all and both the Q and 9 might have hit your opponent (which he of course will not fold). You are just hoping to push him off his hand but it gets way too expensive. Also you are only folding hands that are behind anyways.
I would choose other spots to get tricky, IŽd probably bet-fold the flop here, check-call the turn, check the river
then call or fold depending on my view on this player.
With your action the River fold is a must imo.
Old 09-18-2005, 06:29 PM

Think I've been doing theese kind of plays to often. I don't like betting into a pf raiser mostaly he just raises. Will try to think more about this... Thank you for the comments
Old 09-18-2005, 08:00 PM

i would c/f the flop.
c/c sucks because you still have no clue where you are and the pot is small and you could concievably be drawing to running 5's or 3 aces(if their good)
c/r is bad as well. He rarely folds a hand other than an underpair to Midpair or a weak ace.
I'm with you, leading out sucks, pretty much for the same reasons as c/r.