Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2005, 06:58 PM

Default Re: Negreanu book on amazon.com

Hi GW:

There's no question that Negreanu is a very good tournament player and understands very well how to play in them. When this book becomes available I will also put it high on my reading list.

Best wishes,
Mason
Old 09-16-2005, 08:01 PM

Mason,

You mention the errata for HoH, but where can someone go to find this information?

Thanks
Old 09-17-2005, 03:35 PM

Don't you guys have actual humans that read the book, cover to cover, before releasing it? On my first read I found numerous errors and I'm in no way, shape or form a book editor... This just doesn't make sense to me. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

I throughly enjoyed Harrington's books, but the errors and type-os do distract somewhat and give an unprofessional appearance. Just MHO.
Old 09-17-2005, 07:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I throughly enjoyed Harrington's books, but the errors and type-os do distract somewhat and give an unprofessional appearance. Just MHO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd rather have Dan Harrington's advice misspelled and scribbled barely legibly on a napkin I had to fetch out of toilet water than a pristine copy of "Million Dollar Super Secret Poker Strategies" with 100% perfect grammar.

Just MHO.
Old 09-17-2005, 09:33 PM

Hi Jimmy:

To answer your question, the manuscript was read many times before publication. This includes readings by both myself and David Sklansky where we each marked up the text with our comments.

We then met with the authors to go over possible changes/fixes (and the debate sometimes gets quite lively, but that's another story). Then all agreed upon changes are incorporated into the manuscript and final type setting is then done. My best guess is that the manuscript is read at least ten times between submittal to Two Plus Two and final release.

The problem that seemed to occur with these books is that we need another independent person to read the final type set manuscript before we submit it to the printer. We are going to add this additional step for all future books that we do.

Best wishes,
Mason