Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2005, 12:03 PM

Default Re: question for fellow SSHE readers

Over 35,000 hands .25/.50, .50/1 and 1/2, in BB/100. The first 25,000 hands or so were strictly by the SSHE loose charts. I then started tightening up, mainly in early positions.

KQs 0.06
KJs 0.43
KTs 0.02-
K9s 0.23
K8s 0.17
K7s 0.18
K6s 0.07-
K5s 0.03
K4s 0.17
K3s 0.18-
K2s 0.03
Old 09-17-2005, 01:13 PM

I think it is healthy to ween yrself off of preflop charts. Option 2 is to go cold turkey. Either way, preflop charts will hold you back IMO. The game is too organic and situational to be properly summarized.

Ed Miller made a great post about preflop play in SS a while back. Search "taking of training wheels" and Ed Miller's name.
Old 09-17-2005, 01:29 PM

I just bet that flop.
Old 09-17-2005, 02:23 PM

Probably already been said but....

I'd trade ALL my starting hand charts, concepts, books, etc - to be better postflop. I started using SSHE tight, and have adapted over time to reading table conditions more than referring to charts. Although starting hands are the most attractive "study" (because they are literal and easy to grasp) postflop skill is the difference between profit and loss.
Old 09-17-2005, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it is healthy to ween yrself off of preflop charts. Option 2 is to go cold turkey. Either way, preflop charts will hold you back IMO. The game is too organic and situational to be properly summarized.

Ed Miller made a great post about preflop play in SS a while back. Search "taking of training wheels" and Ed Miller's name.

[/ QUOTE ]
i searched through all posts in the last two years, the only one to turn up using "taking off the training wheels" was this one.
Old 09-17-2005, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
i searched through all posts in the last two years, the only one to turn up using "taking off the training wheels" was this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should bookmark this one.
Old 09-17-2005, 03:11 PM

"you might have a whole table going to the postflop cards. or, i could be way off"

Last time i played b&m i had a player call 2 bets cold on the tunrn board tt86, with what he later told me was 7x (I had 97), because he had a "straight draw"
Old 09-17-2005, 03:51 PM

Hey guys I'm the OP and I really appreciate the feedback. Many thanks to Aaron W. for that training wheels link, it gave me goosebumps to read Miller saying you should WANT to play flops against these players. I do, I do!
Old 09-17-2005, 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You should bookmark this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]