Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2003, 05:04 AM

Default thoughts

Thanks for all comments.

My thoughts now on turn are leaning towards betting out. The fact I was the initial raiser and 3 bet flop if I had an over pair or set I would almost always bet out on turn. by checking after re-raising flop as initial raiser I'd prefer to bet out on turn. Had the sb not cold called 2 bets on flop I most certainly would have bet out turn. However this player could easily have called flop with 22 and would likely lay down on turn realizing he's beat.
However after having checked flop ( which I'm not totally convinced is the incorrect play ) and seeing the sb fold I think I should have check raised. There are alot of hands that he may lay down to a CR.
Another issue here is the 3 bet on the flop with nut flush draw. I routinly will always do this to build pot but of course I lost mp player so only three players saw turn. Having 3 bet the flop with only 3 players calling this makes me lean towards betting out on turn as well.

I'm fine with my call on river.

Obviously I wished I won this hand and in hindsight I'm sure I could have ... in the future I will likely bet out on turn more than I currently do. MBE's thoughts that it is a close decision is sort of where I still stand, however I'll be betting the turn more in similar situations. I'd prefer to play more aggressively and lose than play the hand as I did and lose like I did.

Instinct
Old 09-13-2003, 02:28 PM

Default Re: thoughts

You could not have won this hand even if you played it differently i.e. if you bet the turn, the other guy will call and then your usual proper play is to check the river with your Second nut no pair hand.

Not that that has anything to do with the hand analysis....it's merely an observation and perhaps a totally immaterial one.