Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2005, 03:39 PM

Default Re: Live 10/20 Mirage, How Good/Bad Did I do?

You should have tried to get the 2+2'er out and get h/u. Make him face 2 cold with bet/3 bet or c/r line. The 2+2'er will know that's your best plan.

He'd probably bet if you check hoping PF raiser does his job and puts it on you instead. So your c/r will probably have to be 3 bet.

If you lead he might raise to put it to the raiser. If he just calls and the raiser does his job you'll get to put it to him.

Bottom line is you don't apply any pressure or get h/u with bet/call there. That's the ABC poker you credit the other guy with playing.
Old 09-16-2005, 03:50 PM

I'm more interested in this so called 2+2'er. Either he played his hand terribly or there is something you are not telling us.
Old 09-16-2005, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm more interested in this so called 2+2'er. Either he played his hand terribly or there is something you are not telling us.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed. what on earth is he cold-calling with here? i cannot think of 1 hand that'd i'd cc with here. but i suck.
Old 09-16-2005, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If not, he has an overpair or set and you're boned. So, pitch it.

[/ QUOTE ]
The only problem I see with this is if we get raised on the turn after 3-betting the flop we are going to be getting an awfully big price. Granted, we don't have 5 clean outs against his range...but I think we probably have to at least see the river.
Old 09-16-2005, 11:03 PM

OPs statement that the guy to his left is a solid 2+2er has a high chance of being wrong considering he coldcalled an UTG raise next to act. This changes the beginning of the analysis but not much else.

I have a feeling that the guy to his left plays well postflop but is too loose preflop and can have T8s or QTs here.
Old 09-16-2005, 11:10 PM

Brutal fold, btw.
Old 09-16-2005, 11:12 PM

This thread really makes me look forward to playing 15/30 in Vegas.
Old 09-16-2005, 11:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Well he certainly has a range of my hands, Why mix up my play for one 2+2'er when I can make him play a different game by handcuffing him, instead of him handcuffing me. This is pretty crazy, I mean do you understand position is important right? I'm just dumbfounded by this..

[/ QUOTE ]

Another point that I haven't seen discussed, (but I skimmed)

Bob T. had a line that Entity and I liked earlier this week about "Right of First Isolation". Being the first good player to act, you're the first guy who can raise their marginalish holdings to get into better situations with the bad players on the table, as the good ons are laying down to your raises a good % of the time.
Old 09-17-2005, 12:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Well he certainly has a range of my hands, Why mix up my play for one 2+2'er when I can make him play a different game by handcuffing him, instead of him handcuffing me. This is pretty crazy, I mean do you understand position is important right? I'm just dumbfounded by this..

[/ QUOTE ]

Another point that I haven't seen discussed, (but I skimmed)

Bob T. had a line that Entity and I liked earlier this week about "Right of First Isolation". Being the first good player to act, you're the first guy who can raise their marginalish holdings to get into better situations with the bad players on the table, as the good ons are laying down to your raises a good % of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

any links? I searched for it and came up empty.
Old 09-17-2005, 01:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't want him in my game. But if he is, I want him on my immediate left. Loosie-goosies on my right, tough, tighties on my left.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if he's a LAG'ish Aggresive "I like to isolate my buddy out of position" Type Player? Maybe it's just because he and I know each other to well, but I hate it... I'll take position over this guy instead of the other guy all day. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd rather have him 3-bet light behind me and clear the field than have him raise light in front of me.

[/ QUOTE ]

You want him 3 betting behind w/ Position on your open raise, with him knowing the range of hands you do this?

Why not let him bet infront of you, so you can pick and choose what pots you're playing with him, and have position everytime.

I can't believe y'all are agreeing with this. Money travels to the left at the poker table for a reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

The tight player on your left will be folding most of his hands, giving you position on your bad playing opponents more often.