Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2005, 10:21 AM

Default Re: First time EVER playing online.

[ QUOTE ]
If your going to play poker for a while, Dont do it.
Chip in $10 play micros, work your way up, learn the game, go to party with $500 or so to clear full bonus and get a RAKEBACK DEAL.

Thats my advice anyhow.

[/ QUOTE ]
I've been playing for a while but had to take a 6-month or so (non-poker-related) break. I play .5 / 1 on EP with a decent 300BB roll, but I never got into the whole bonus whoring thing. If it means extra money doing what I already do then I'm all game. What bonus does PP have (when I get up to $500)? Is there a place/thread that I can learn about all the deals & rakebacks?

Sorry if this has been covered already ... (and sorry for the mini-hijack)
Old 09-16-2005, 10:37 AM

Make a deposit and receive a 20% bonus up to $100 (Deposit $500 to get $100 bonus). At party poker.

Rakeback is important if your going to play party alot(Like many do). You get these BEFORE signing up, and you cant if you do this bankroll builder as you use a code.

With a rake back they give you and code, and they give you a code wtih this bankroll thigy... So you take the bankroll or take a rakeback.

You must decide which is best for you.

BACK ON TOPIC.
Old 09-16-2005, 05:52 PM

OK so VPIP is how many hands I play when not in the blinds right? What is the standard range for VPIP? And I'm assuming this is lower in your as the stakes go higher.

BTW I've seen the starting hand requirements but I've not commited them to memory. I just have an intuitive freel for premium hands in EP and loosening up with better position. (Sklansky's level 1 + 2 are easy to remember, but after that? There's so much more to memorize) But since these are beginner games, I can limp in UTG with 9Ts and get 5 limpers behind me (no raises) so the pot odds are there.
Old 09-16-2005, 07:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OK so VPIP is how many hands I play when not in the blinds right? What is the standard range for VPIP? And I'm assuming this is lower in your as the stakes go higher.

[/ QUOTE ]

Check out btspider's Microlimit Guideline post that is stuck to the top of the forum. You'll be able to find standard VPIP numbers and lots of other great info there.

[ QUOTE ]
BTW I've seen the starting hand requirements but I've not commited them to memory. I just have an intuitive freel for premium hands in EP and loosening up with better position. (Sklansky's level 1 + 2 are easy to remember, but after that? There's so much more to memorize) But since these are beginner games, I can limp in UTG with 9Ts and get 5 limpers behind me (no raises) so the pot odds are there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you taken a look at Small Stakes Hold 'Em yet? The starting hand chart (and the advice regarding post-flop play, which is WAY more important) will be more useful for the types of games that you will encounter in the world of Party Poker .50/1.
Old 09-17-2005, 04:42 AM

15-20 for VPIP is the general guideline

rather than commit the whole guide to memory just use the Small Stakes Hold'em chart like others suggested.

even in an ultra n00b game 47% is alot of hands to be playing.
better to break bad habits now than to carry them into tougher games.

[hyp]
Old 09-17-2005, 07:29 AM

You don't have the bankroll for 0.5/1 games, even if that bankroll was free. The PP beginners tables have micro limit games, play there while you learn.
Old 09-17-2005, 08:03 AM

47% of flops seen is tooooo much.

Try an cut it down to about 20% playing only the best hands. Be patient and your bankroll will start going up.