Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2005, 02:40 PM

Default Interesting hand - River decision

Blinds are 75/150, No antes

I have JQo, three other limpers in the pot

Flop is 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Player 1 checks
Player 2 checks

I bet 300 (hoping to take down the pot)

Player 1 calls and the turn is 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Player 1 checks and I check behind

River is an 8, and player 1 bets half my stack ~1500

The question is: do you reraise all in? or just call given that most connectors with a ten give my opponent the full house?
Old 09-16-2005, 02:47 PM

Default Re: Interesting hand - River decision

What were your relative positions and stack sizes? That will certainly help anyone's analysis here.

Based on his betting pattern (limp, check, check), it really looks like he has a drawing hand (JQ like you, or 67). There's a small possiblity he's carrying 99, but if he had, I think he would have been betting stronger on the turn.

I would push at this point, given you have the nut straight and he's pretty committed.
Old 09-16-2005, 02:49 PM

I'd raise all in every time.. bare 10 or maybe a PP are more likely than a full house i think. (or at worst, as likely)
Old 09-16-2005, 02:55 PM

call. i'm having trouble putting into words exactly why, but the general idea is: the extra 1500 you win if you push/win isn't worth the 1500 you have left if you call/lose. 35+BBs you'll have if you win the hand when you call is more than enough to build a stack with. the exception would be if you're short stacked at the table, which i presume you're not. most likely you're a little above avg.
Old 09-16-2005, 03:06 PM

but poker players are greedy bastards
Old 09-16-2005, 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but poker players are greedy bastards

[/ QUOTE ]

and a lot of poker players bust out of tournaments making unnecessary plays
Old 09-16-2005, 03:25 PM

I reraise all in here. Reason being is I have put in more than half my stack into this pot and know I have hit my hand. I either double up or bust out. I don't want to have to play a shorty stack all over again after give a perfect situation to double up. Btw I expect this to be K10 or Q10 way more than 109. At least that has been my experience.
Old 09-16-2005, 03:26 PM

If player 1 is a blind, I'm pushing for sure since that can be any ten. If not, it's closer and I go with my read.

Also, don't bluff overcards into 3 people.
Old 09-16-2005, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't want to have to play a shorty stack all over again

[/ QUOTE ]

So basically you're saying "i'd rather bust than have to play with 10BBs". This makes absolutely no sense.
Old 09-16-2005, 03:36 PM

as long as the 8 wasn't a diamond i think i'd be willing to go broke here,you've hit a very good hand,very luckily,but it also smells like a good trap by player 1,the limper could easily have 33,flopped a full house and allowed you to make a hand,which he needed to get paid,makes sense since he check called the flop,probably wanted to check raise the turn,but you didn't bet again,so instead of risking you checking the river behind him,he bets a good amount. i think i'd call or push here,hoping he has trips,and not a full house.i'd lean towards calling since you still have 10 bb if you are wrong,but i'd be some tempted to push also.