Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2005, 11:30 AM

Default Re: pretty lost. 77 in big pot

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
FWIW I think the preflop call on this table isnt terrible but I'd just fold when CO 3bets as hes really likely to have you crushed.

[/ QUOTE ]
CO is a tag who very aggressive pre-flop and would most certainly like to isolate the two horrible players with position. His 3-betting standards are most likely much lower than a big PP here which is the only thing you are crushed by. You are getting about 3.5-1 and the implied odds of making your set more than make up the rest against these opponents who will call down with most anything as the OP stated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Against three opponents who are going to see the river, how often is your 77 going to win a showdown?

Because of your position, you can be made to pay more when you lose, and you get less when you win. That is, the implied odds favor your opponents because they are in a better position to exploit them.
Old 09-16-2005, 11:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Against three opponents who are going to see the river, how often is your 77 going to win a showdown?

Because of your position, you can be made to pay more when you lose, and you get less when you win. That is, the implied odds favor your opponents because they are in a better position to exploit them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for saving me typing
Old 09-16-2005, 11:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Just about everytime you hit your set. It just so happened that the flop came about as good as they come without hitting your set.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
There is more to implied odds than position. I just think you call and follow the no set, no bet line this hand would be profitable.
Old 09-16-2005, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I check/call the turn with my 6 outs. Fold the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you really think i should fold the river (considering the opponents) with middle pair getting more than 16-1?

That thought didnīt cross my mind. When CO folded the turn i was pretty much taking this baby to showdown.
Old 09-16-2005, 01:29 PM

Maybe you're right given the pot size. Although I'd bet you're behind pretty close to one out of eighteen times here.
Old 09-16-2005, 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

edit: Your turn raise puzzles me. There are 3 of them and an overcard just fell. As you said, they are going to see the river. There is a some chance you are good, but if you are, as you can see from this result, you aren't getting any more out of them on the end unless someone wants to bluff again, and your turn raise nixed that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, they are probably going to the river.
But it felt wrong not to try to protect my hand when the best possible thing happened on the turn (CO folded). For all I know, MP might be using "tilt blocker" to cover up his hole cards [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img], and if UTG has JTs or something it would be hard to call even for him.

But again, every street in this hand felt weird.