Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2003, 11:50 AM

Default Re: I need to make $100 a week but I have a problem, please read...

Get a job at Burger King. Not only you'll make 100 a week; you can't even lose your money. And...... 1 Burger is free every day!!!!
Old 09-12-2003, 01:30 PM

Either that or he buys in and gets down to the felt having $20 @5/10 in front of him when he gets dealt: A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

Seen dumba$$es get here, always make sure you have ammo. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-12-2003, 01:48 PM

My numbers at party at .50/1.00 since I've got pokertracker indicate a winrate of 3.4 BB/hr with a STD of 13.2BB/hr.

I haven't bothered to do a bankroll requirement on this yet as I know I have more than enough...
Old 09-12-2003, 06:35 PM

Should I slowplay or bluff at all?

Yes and no and yes and no. Considering limit $0.50/1:

I would rarely checkraise to knock people out when the hand is too multiway, like 5 or more people in it. You'll be amazed how often people cold calls (calls 2 bets) at this level. If the hand is 3-way, checkraising a good hand is a good way to get more money in the pot, for the same reasons as above. As for slowplaying to make people catch up with a second best hand, I would rarely do this at this limit, cause people are likely to call a bet anyway.

You rarely can bluff people out of the pot when there are more cards to come, but I find that showndown bluffs can be quite profitable at this level, if you do it at the right time. A good time would be a shorthanded pot when the the board makes it most likely that your opponent/s were on a draw. If they are on a draw, they rarely fold before the last card is dealt, and if the last card don't help them, they often fold to a showndown bet. Of course, you will lose those times that they miss the draw but hit a running pair, but you will also win with an unimproved hand like KQ when they fold a winning hand of A2s that didn't make the flush.

adde