Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2005, 09:48 PM

Default MOTOR CITY THUMBS UP

Motor City has added more tables and last night (Friday), by midnight, they were all up. I'm familiar with midwest poker. Motor City has the best room. Being realistic, most rooms are better on weekends. So is Motor City.

Player demand for no-limit has really hurt Holdem "limit" games over 15/30, in rooms such as Motor City. They had three 10/20 games going, about midnight. That was the highest "limit" game.

I don't live in Detroit, but for those of you who may apprehensive about the city's reputation, do what I do. Get off the expressway, pull into Motor City's parking garage...gamble...get back on the xway and your gone! (You ain't never seen Detroit"!) [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-11-2005, 01:06 PM

Default Re: MOTOR CITY THUMBS UP

What NL limits are offered? Do they serve free drinks?
Old 09-11-2005, 11:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont know about alcohol, but for soft drinks, you can serve yourself. No tipping necessary...very nice. I think the sandwiches are free as well, but couldn't bring myself to try one. No idea how long they had been there.
Old 09-13-2005, 04:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe "$50-$200" means something to you, I don't play
no-limit. You can hardly ever get a seat in that game. It goes 24/7. What does "$50-$200" mean? Yes. Plenty of free soda !!!
Old 09-15-2005, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe "$50-$200" means something to you, I don't play
no-limit. You can hardly ever get a seat in that game. It goes 24/7. What does "$50-$200" mean? Yes. Plenty of free soda !!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought that was a sarcastic insult at first since I didn't know what you meant by $50-$200. =)

There's only a single NL table? I'm not sure what $50-$200 means either, probably the buy-in range. Know what the blinds are?
Old 09-15-2005, 05:32 PM

The "50-200" is 50min/200max buyin 1-2-2 blinds ($1 on the button, $2 "small" and $2 "big").

They also spread a 2-5 the just call "no limit" (not sure what the min/max buyins are, if any) with $2 on the button, and two $5 blinds.

I watched the 2-5 game while I waited an hour for a 50-200 seat on Saturday and it looked insanely juicy. If there'd been seats and it hadn't been a bit bigger than I wanted to play roll-wise, I'd have jumped in happily.