Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2003, 06:14 PM

Default Re: OH AND THAT GAVE YOU REASON TO BAN ME ASWELL?

[ QUOTE ]
I even asked you if I could post my site link and you said ok. So I do it and you ban me . Go figure

[/ QUOTE ]

Yay! I think we have enough evidence suggesting this is Joshman. Please zap him Mat.
Old 09-11-2003, 06:20 PM

Default Re: OH AND THAT GAVE YOU REASON TO BAN ME ASWELL?

I love to hear spammers squeal. It just cracks me up.

Mat has rules to go by, but we just want him to bar the scum-sucking bottom-dwellers. So, you are barred? Good work Mat.

MS Sunshine
Old 09-11-2003, 06:30 PM

Default Re: Affiliate Pimps Clugging up this fine forum

Let me put this differently. No links to a site that benefits the poster. You can link to a site that benefits somebody else posing a question. You can link to a site that you think other people will find interesting or funny. What you cannot do is advertise for free. It may be that this will create some grey areas for people. That will be up to me to sort out. I will always welcome feedback, however; and do not consider any of my decisions final.

I suggest that this particular topic be dropped from the forums. If you have an opinion, it would be best to address me privately.

The fact is, I don't think a little bit of self-promotion is such a bad thing, as long as we have give and take. So ultimately I have every intention of granting some leeway to people I feel deserve it. On the other hand, those who exploit these resources solely for their own benefit will be barred without warning at my discretion.

And before anyone starts arguing, I'd like to point out that over 90% of my moderation problems come from the internet forum. Mason could very well be better served by firing me, and abolishing this forum altogether.

Mat
Old 09-11-2003, 06:51 PM

And before anyone starts arguing, I'd like to point out that over 90% of my moderation problems come from the internet forum. Mason could very well be better served by firing me, and abolishing this forum altogether.

I really have a problem with this whole statement. It implies that 2+2 is gods gift to poker and without the internet forum we would all shrivel up into a corner to cry. I think that the zoo has sunk to this level in part because even when posters were crying foul long ago about the developing problems you never stepped in and shut this down quick enough when we could all see where it was headed.
Old 09-11-2003, 06:54 PM

Hi Jek,

It's hard to not respond to the obvious spammers. Sort of like conspiracy theorists, you can't help but respond to them! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Best of luck, and BTW nice grab of the domain name for your website. Sometimes I think all the good domains are taken, but that's not the case.

- Tony
Old 09-11-2003, 07:32 PM

Sometimes I think all the good domains are taken, but that's not the case.

You're damn right, I managed to get my name. Quite what I'm going to use it for is another matter.

Simon
Old 09-11-2003, 11:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mason could very well be better served by firing me, and abolishing this forum altogether.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Mat:

I've already fired your father. Do you need to get canned as well? Anyway, why don't you clean up this forum before we make that decision.

Best wishes,
Mason
Old 09-11-2003, 11:46 PM

Come on Rusty. Aren't you bein a bit harsh? If Mat moves much sooner we run the risk of being accused of mass censorship. Often he needs to wait until it is clear to virtually everyone that there is a problem.

Best wishes,
Mason
Old 09-12-2003, 03:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Mat:

I've already fired your father. Do you need to get canned as well? Anyway, why don't you clean up this forum before we make that decision.

Best wishes,
Mason

[/ QUOTE ]

dearest mr mason

i hope that this was meant to be a private message? maybe in your current state you don't realise it has been shown on the public boards?

but i did like the softening at the end with the "best wishes" - no grudges held - it's just a business decision - nice touch

can we expect to see a mini-malmuth taking over soon?

best wishes

michael

Old 09-12-2003, 05:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Mat,

I normally put a link to my site

[/ QUOTE ]

Simon, all due respects to Jek and the rest, I think your homepage for the Zoo tourneys should remain as an active link. It is much more about what the Zoo stands for than any affiliate sig.

At the very least, make it a dead link. I would be amazed and highly disappointed if the moderators objected.