Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2005, 12:13 PM

Default SNG Stats Question

I been wanting to post up some results from my SNGs and get some real opinions since I've returned to SNGs from Limit Poker full Time. Problem is I only play about 150-200 a month, and with needing at least 500 tourneys it's tough. Well I've finally played 500, but it's mixed, with 300 $10+1s and 220 $20+2s.

If I post up ROI/ITM/VPIP stats etc of the combined total of the two is that kosher or must I have 500 at one single limit to get results. I'd like to move up to $33 as soon as possible, preferably without playing 300+ more at $22 but I'm willing to wait if I'm not ready. I use SNG Power Tools and SNG Tracker and PokerTracker. It's not a question of whether to move up or not, it's more trying to find leaks and improve my game. I've probably got huge leaks, but they are hard to identify without ever having posted much. It's not so much single hands, but probably logical errors and ICM mistakes I make a lot. Thoughts?
Old 09-15-2005, 12:17 PM

Default Re: SNG Stats Question

use sngpt to go through all ur hhs and see where u are missing +ev pushes and where u are pushing -ev pushes...play around with ranges/blinds/positioning/chip stacks to see how those affect the ev

post hhs or just read this board and learn what others would do in situations and why, which you can then translate to your own game

telling us roi won't help us identify leaks

if u get more 3rds than 1sts, then look into being more aggressive on the bubble...

as for moving up, if you have 30 buyins in your br and are willing to move down if you dip below that, then go for it if you are a confident that you are a positive player...
Old 09-15-2005, 12:23 PM

I meant more telling ROI and ITM and dist of 1/2/3/4 etc, and then showing my VPIP and aggression to see if there were any major leaks and if there were possibly drilling down with individual hands and situations. It seems a little overwhelming to me I guess, It's easier to focus in on places to improve in Limit than NL for me. I'd like to post my first 550 or so more as a starting point for future focus. I finish 2nd more than any other position for example, I know that's one leak but my style of aggressive if blinds are 100/200 or 150/300 and insanely aggressive if they are 200/400+ isn't working I guess, but not sure where to improve, it could also just be variance. I've given up 7:1 or better chip leads 4-5 times in these 500 tournies.

That kinda thing though I just wanted to post a good chunk up, see if anything on there caught someone's eye as a huge leak or probable leak, then just drill down from there with why I'm doing it and get suggestions to improve.
Old 09-15-2005, 12:27 PM

how are you playing hu?

go to www.pokerstove.com/analysis and play with the push/fold calculator to see what ranges of hands at which blinds and which chip stacks are good...

and, of course, use sngpt to look at hu equity models

for instance, if blinds are 200/400 or higher, then you should push any2 from sb if EITHER player has 3k or less chips...

if u are aggressive on bubble and itm, then you should get mostly 1/3...mostly 2s could mean you aren't doing as well hu

do u know what your average stack is when hu starts?