Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2005, 02:01 PM

Default Re: K/Jo...Call River?

I don't know my thinking is if BB is raising he has a pretty strong hand given the amount of limpers. And probably paired. I'm folding the flop here. I could be way off. Comments on the reasoning for staying around after the flop would be appreciated.
Old 09-14-2005, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know my thinking is if BB is raising he has a pretty strong hand given the amount of limpers. And probably paired. I'm folding the flop here. I could be way off. Comments on the reasoning for staying around after the flop would be appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]
One argument for seeing the turn is because you have a backdoor flush, backdoor straight, and two overcards. That gives you up to 8-9 outs which would be an easy call.

However, I'd say your overcard outs are very unlikely to be clean, and also your backdoor flush is not to the nuts. Whoever estimated it at 5-5.5 total outs is probably pretty on target.

So that makes it a marginal call, but then you have to factor in the extra bets that you lose if you make your hand and still don't win, since your overcard outs are so tainted, and the A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] might be out there.

So I think a fold is good.
Old 09-14-2005, 05:05 PM

okay looking past preflop and let's just say flop is marginal: let's discuss the turn/river: call the 3-bet? fold the river UI? fold to the 3-bet and don't see the river? or is how the hand was played fine?
Old 09-14-2005, 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
okay looking past preflop and let's just say flop is marginal: let's discuss the turn/river: call the 3-bet? fold the river UI? fold to the 3-bet and don't see the river? or is how the hand was played fine?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd have to have a REALLY good read on Button that tells me I'm drawing dead to fold this turn. So I probably wouldn't.

And once we call the turn, I can't fold the river with this pot for one bet, but I dunno.
Old 09-14-2005, 07:31 PM

Default Results

Thanks for your help. Villain had 10/10 full house. K/Jo kills me. I'm wondering if most of my problems are preflop. Would it be worth my while to create a post detailing how I play it preflop so that others can comment or has this been beat to death?
Old 09-14-2005, 08:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a must raise preflop.

Good turn raise, but fold to the three-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't see myself folding to the three bet. I think call fold UI is much better.

If Villian has AA QQ we have 5 outs. AJ we have 3 outs. KK 2 outs, he's a little aggressive, I just don't see folding to be correct.