Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2005, 02:10 PM

Default Re: When it\'s obvious someone has made their flush . . .

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"I call down everytime with no reads. People bet and raise scare cards." is a leak in my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] That's exactly what you said, just in more words.

[/ QUOTE ]

You said you call down everytime. I'm saying there's more to it. Did you notice the turn completed two draws? Did you take into consideration the size of the pot? Are you aware of the texture of the 3/6 6m game? Anything else?

[/ QUOTE ]

I took all that into consideration, and said I call down in this hand every time.

I didn't say I call down everytime a flush draw comes in and an unknown raises me. I said I call this hand down everytime.

Do you really think I'm stupid enough to say "call down everytime the flush comes in and someone raises" ?
Old 09-14-2005, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I took all that into consideration, and said I call down in this hand every time.

I didn't say I call down everytime a flush draw comes in and an unknown raises me. I said I call this hand down everytime.

Do you really think I'm stupid enough to say "call down everytime the flush comes in and someone raises" ?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you took all those things into consideration, why didn't you take the time to elaborate? How did your post help the OP understand the situation better?

I have no idea why you're taking this so personally. You gave an unelaborative statement on a common situation that gives people trouble. How can I know that you took all the variables here into consideration when you you wrote one sentence on an issue that deserves more time? I took the time to give my thoughts on the issue. It was not meant as an affront to your intelligence. I don't think you play stupidly but I do think that your reaction here is stupid.
Old 09-14-2005, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you took all those things into consideration, why didn't you take the time to elaborate? How did your post help the OP understand the situation better?

I have no idea why you're taking this so personally. You gave an unelaborative statement on a common situation that gives people trouble. How can I know that you took all the variables here into consideration when you you wrote one sentence on an issue that deserves more time? I took the time to give my thoughts on the issue. It was not meant as an affront to your intelligence. I don't think you play stupidly but I do think that your reaction here is stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm with Jason. And by that I mean that I think verbose answers giving the thoughts behind our decisions are MUCH better than 1 liners. (Which I am guilty of as well)

Krishan
Old 09-14-2005, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Very read dependant. So many players like to wait until the turn to raise with TP/GK and when a scare card hits it makes their raise even more profitable because of players who will just fold. I'd be very careful folding here all the time.. simply you will get run over by any half decent opponent who realizes he can just raise every scare card vs you HU and make a profit doing it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like good justification to 3bet. Keeps you from folding the best hand on a scary board and costs the same as calling down if you fold to a cap because anything that calls here is not likely to lead the river and you can check behind.

If he’s too passive to raise a flush draw on the flop, then he’s probably too passive to raise the turn with a str8 for fear of the flush. Anyone aggressive enough to bluff/semi-bluff raise the turn here would very likely raise the flop with a flush/str8 draw no?

7:2 on the raise, so he has to have the str8 or the flush here about 70% of the time for it to be –EV. If he’s been aggressive I think the 3bet is correct.

Otherwise (assuming an average VPIP 40 type) I think it’s a good fold because there is a flush/str8/55 here at least that often, not counting the times he has a club and rivers the flush. Seems like every time I call a turn raise in a spot like this it’s never a bluff, of course my folds are probably perfectly coinciding with their semi-bluff attempts.
Old 09-14-2005, 04:08 PM

The main problem I see is that folding this every time (although may or may not be wrong at 3/6) will make you exploitable.
Old 09-14-2005, 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not taking it personally, but your one liner response sucked even worse than my one liner post. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]