Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2005, 06:43 PM

Default Re: Hand vs Sthief (schneids style)

what if you improved a marginal hand or you weren't worried about free cards in the first place?

this isn't some TAG vs TAG, I think both these players are beyond the advanced defense strategy of 'c/r any pair or draw'
Old 09-13-2005, 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it might be a Jack, but I think AJ or KJ 3 bets PF. so maybe QJ or JT, I think they might be strong enough for him to wait till the turn to pop you, since I dont think you are falling for the check, check, bet WA/WB line. I dont buy 88 either as I think he 3 bets that PF was well. 33 55 maybe. And maybe something like 67s. or A8h, or A8spades, I dunno about that tho.

[/ QUOTE ]

in my OP i said maybe KJ, but yeah I agree he 3bets that PF, so its maybe QJ. I think JT would CR the flop since now he has 3 overcards to worry about instead of 2...

33/55 could be possible, but i have a feeling he would fastplay those with a flop CR, just like he would most of his 1 pair hands (including A8, although A8 with a fd could make sense).
Old 09-13-2005, 06:54 PM

I would think most pairs c/r the flop except for A8.
Range: A8, Ax clubs, maybe 67 and T9s
How often do you check this turn?
Old 09-13-2005, 07:01 PM

Why are we assuming that Josh would only ever take one line with any hand HU vs. a good player with whom he is familiar? Isn't it possible he's not 3-betting 88 or something else in this spot?
Old 09-13-2005, 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why are we assuming that Josh would only ever take one line with any hand HU vs. a good player with whom he is familiar? Isn't it possible he's not 3-betting 88 or something else in this spot?

[/ QUOTE ]

Post flop yeah, but PF there is a poster in this hand to still worry about. So 88 and such are going to want to 3 bet because hands like that hed rather have HU vs soldiers range here, than by giving the poster a good reason to call and playing it 3 way.
Old 09-13-2005, 07:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think 88 would be a sure 3bet to make sure the MP poster folds.
Old 09-13-2005, 07:11 PM

Missed the poster, never mind me. Still feel like some of the reads are still too specific.
Old 09-13-2005, 07:37 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

wow, I didn't see that guy had posted or I would've 3-bet preflop. I had no read on him so I figured there was a good chance you were iso-raising him. calling with a poster there is terrible. I also thought he folded the flop and not preflop.

anyway my play isn't as transparent as you say, and I know this because I check-call check-raise a ton since people love to call down with A high. I felt like I had to take some stab at it since I thought you were isoraising. I came close to 3-betting you but though better of it. nice hand

I really should be 3-betting everything there. that's one big problem with playing so many tables. I miss who posted and who limped
Old 09-13-2005, 07:40 PM

In reply to baron's A7o hand:

I don't have the experience or insight right now to comment usefully on this hand, but I'm pretty sure it's a very important situation that everybody should be thinking about as PRECISELY as possible.

Good post.
Old 09-13-2005, 07:43 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
so soldier should be checking behind the turn with some frequency, yet 3 betting sthief's checkraises regardless of his cards?

that doesn't add up.

[/ QUOTE ]

what doesn't add up is sthief's checkraise here since no draws came in .

(although he might not play this way) in semi-steal situations if i hit a flop HU OOP i generally like to c/r the flop to ensure that i dont get some retarded crap runner runnered if he checkes behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

not that you have anyway of knowing this, but I'd play most pairs the same way, unless I would have to fold to a 3-bet, in which case I'd call