Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2005, 02:42 PM

Default Linked Accounts

can someone tell me how i can open a new account on PP without them knowing I already have an account? My first account, I used my name and credit card.......my second account, I used Neteller so they wouldn't have my name. Even with this method, they still called me up and new I had 2 accounts.

I am not looking to have 2 seperate accounts.......I just want to have one new one that is not linked to my previous accounts. I will even close my other accounts.

I want to do this because I want to be able to play at the same table as my friend. When I first signed on, he referred me so bc of that they banned us from playing at the same table. I want to play at the same table sometimes because the table is good and mainly, it makes it much easier to discuss hands and strategy rather than trying to tell each other about hands that one of us were not even involved in. At the B&M, I always sit with my friend and on the drive home, we discuss hands.
Old 09-13-2005, 02:48 PM

Default Re: Linked Accounts

Can you write another couple paragraphs to further clarify?
Old 09-13-2005, 02:51 PM

I might be off here but I think many people on this site would consider this an attempt at collusion(sp). You should be able to save hand history and share that way. Even if you are not trying to team up you would still be more likly to fold when he shows strong. I don't think many people here will help you with this.
Old 09-13-2005, 02:55 PM

I've referred several friends and I'm not banned from sitting at the same table as them... I think you're not telling us the whole story.
Old 09-13-2005, 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've referred several friends and I'm not banned from sitting at the same table as them... I think you're not telling us the whole story.

[/ QUOTE ]

If your friend ever plays from your house (i.e. same ip address) they will usually associate them and not let you play at the same tables anymore even if you were never to play from the same ip address again. maybe this is the case?
Old 09-13-2005, 03:25 PM

As far as I know, they linked our accounts because he referred me. We have never played on at the same time using the same IP address although I have played at his house using his computer(but he was not playing). But as far as I remember, we were already banned even before I ever played at his house.
Old 09-13-2005, 04:44 PM

Location: Castle Duckula -- home for many centuries to a dreadful dynasty of vicious vampire ducks: The Counts of Duckula!

[ QUOTE ]
can someone tell me how i can open a new account on PP without them knowing I already have an account?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is against the Terms & Conditions, and will get you banned if you get caught circumventing them.

[ QUOTE ]
I am not looking to have 2 seperate accounts.......I just want to have one new one that is not linked to my previous accounts. I will even close my other accounts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Won't matter; if you get caught trying to do this, they'll ban you.

[ QUOTE ]
I want to do this because I want to be able to play at the same table as my friend. When I first signed on, he referred me so bc of that they banned us from playing at the same table. I want to play at the same table sometimes because the table is good and mainly, it makes it much easier to discuss hands and strategy rather than trying to tell each other about hands that one of us were not even involved in. At the B&M, I always sit with my friend and on the drive home, we discuss hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you really want to discuss hands after the fact, get the hand histories. They contain all of the information you will need to discuss the hands.

The reason they banned you from playing with each other is that you clearly know each other, and they're trying to do their level best to prevent collusion (two players cooperating at the same table, sharing info and betting in ways to increase their profit), for which I applaud them.

-Mike
Old 09-14-2005, 12:16 AM

Playing from the same IP address (doesn't have to be at the same time) is sufficient to link accounts. Even going to the Party cashier from your friends home will do the same thing!

G'luck all,
LVGamb00ler