Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2005, 05:22 AM

Default Re: River of Death

I think you are not good more than 8 % of the time. You have only second pair. You not ending the action. The risk of raise and overcalls is real.

This is tough decision, but folding is best option.
Old 09-13-2005, 05:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not likely to raise weak hands here and may in fact fold some missed hands like AJ.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think folding AJ on this flop to a bet is standard. Hve Bob seen messing with my head?

[ QUOTE ]
Betting out might be good, as I might well check the turn if the flop missed me.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why would you ever bet this flop if it had missed you?
Old 09-13-2005, 07:53 AM

Tag betting into 3 people on scary river D:? I fold.
Old 09-13-2005, 08:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it's a clear fold with 2 people behind us.

I think it's a clear call with 0 people behind us.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-13-2005, 08:09 AM

Location: For the love of God and all that is holy, MY ANUS IS BLEEDING!

holy crap this is an easy fold. why are there 40 responses. I read the first 10 or so and almost all of them were bad. A tag bets into u on the river and three others.
Old 09-13-2005, 08:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1. I didn't think you had quite enough hand to call in the BB there, even closing the action. You should recognize that as a tag opening in UTG + 1 I would be holding a very strong hand. Sure, you're getting good odds, but your hand had little high card strength, and I don't think the flush potential was enough to make it playable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Against this many opponents any two suited are playable.

[/ QUOTE ]

I figured it was probably pretty close either way. I think I'd be playing any two suited in a 6-way pot... 5 ways maybe a little tighter. I see the point, though. FWIW I thought villain played his hand reasonably well.

[/ QUOTE ]

One of the mid-high stakes posters did an extensive analysis of quite a few hands (at least 100k I believe) playing any 2 suited out off the big blind. According to his results, he plays any two suited out of the big blind with 3 or 4 opponents, but begins folding weaker suited cards when more opponents have entered, i believe with the implication that Hero's low flushes get flush over flushed increasinigly rapidly and two pairs don't hold up as often as more players are added.

He was adament however that he calls any 2 suited, including 7-2 or 9-2, with 3 or 4 players. Peter Russ I believe the posters name is....this is in reverse to what you were saying, it may be that your iniclination to enter suited cards out of the big blind with 5-6 players may be incorrect.

This hand looks like a clear fold.
Old 09-13-2005, 09:36 AM

Yeah it was a pretty interesting hand. My thought process was pretty much this:

Preflop would be an easy call with Kxs for me, I think id fold Jxs unless connected. Qxs was borderline. Alot of ppl in this hand also calls to much so i would be payed well if i hit. I pretty much played it for flush potential only.

Flop was actually sort of a multitabling mistake. My plan was to bet flop to hopefully get you to raise w overs and protect what little hand i had. Or maybe youd raise w one over. I knew you were a poster cause i recognised your name, but i didnt really know how well you played. Anyway i was busy on another table, was confused over where the raise had come from preflop and checked.

I thought you wouldnt bet the turn without atleast tp with so many ppl in so a check raise for value i think would be quite marginal. Theres 4 of us on the turn and if u bet i will probably at best have 12 outs + i dont have the nut fl draw + 2 pairs might not be enough.

Maybe a bet would be good to insure nobody gets a free card, but with 5 ppl to the fl and 4 to the turn i felt i was drawing.

There was 4 ppl to the river and the flop was quite coordinated. I didnt think the backd fl would stop you from betting but i was concerned the king would. So i bet out hoping some schmuck with 2 pair or a rivered str8 would raise me.

The other opponents on the river called to much so i knew i would have callers.
Old 09-13-2005, 09:44 AM

Yeah, I think you can fold here.
Old 09-13-2005, 10:04 AM

Strangle a kitten, kick a puppy, then fold.
Old 09-13-2005, 10:19 AM

I think there's a strong chance a raise is coming behind you. Multiple players chasing the flush is common in this type of hand. I'm picturing BB with small suited cards and an LP hand with nut flush. I'm tossin it.