Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2005, 11:42 PM

Default Bugsys poker room

This post was posted on another forum about bugsys poker room, If you have a point/counterpoint about this site please elaborate.

[ QUOTE ]
*I will NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER put real money on this site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!@@@!@@!@@!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*I lost back to back hands to the same opponent who hand quad dueces (2-2-2-2) BACK TO BACK vs my KK & JJ !@!@@!!

*Other people have commented on the "juiced" for action RNG at Bugsys but it took me a while I am now convinced. I have been playing for real$ on the net at several different sites for 2 years now and nowhere do I see constantly KK,QQ,AJ $ 8-8 all in the same hand. It happens CONSTANTLY!

* I realize that variance, downswings and bad beats happen all the time, but the stuff I see on here is outrageous and more the norm than the exception.

* 1 pointer Mark Nepolitano, If you want to compete with the big boys get an independent company to do a study of the last million hands or so and compare them to probability charts. Thats what they do at Poker Stars and Party and Paradise who actually has an independent company test their RNG.

Your site has been here for 4 years and has grown little compared to 30,000 daily at Stars, 60,000 at Party and 40,000 at paradise and 30,000 at UB . EVER WONDER WHY????? BECAUSE ALL POKER PLAYERS WANT IS A FAIR GAME WHERE THEY CAN TEST THEIR SKILLS FAIRLY!!!! Not some juiced obvious crazed philosophy you have that people would rather have big action pots. LOOK at the numbers, you have about 1 tenth the players(1,500-2,500) daily compared to your competition. And I know many players leaving here daily!! OPEN YOUR EYES!! FIX THE RNG, be honest and fair and you will succeed.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-12-2005, 11:53 PM

Default Re: Bugsys poker room

Point: Bugsy's Poker Is Rigged!
Counterpoint: YSSCKY
Old 09-13-2005, 12:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Your site has been here for 4 years and has grown little compared to 30,000 daily at Stars, 60,000 at Party and 40,000 at paradise and 30,000 at UB .

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFLMAO Yeah right. So by now, the entire world should be playing at Party and 66% of us are at Paradise, and 50% of us are at Stars and UB. Yet, Stars has more people online at once than UB and Paradise put together, LOL. I love people who spout off stats just to make themselves sound somewhat intelligent.

It's called advertising. Ever seen an ad for Bugsys room on tv? Those 4 listed all have ads and get people to log in, but no where near those number of new players, lol.
Old 09-13-2005, 01:40 AM

i really dont know about the guys stats on the amount of players. I was really looking for feedback on how many people have played there and if they trust the site and like it? Also, please feel free to elaborate on your personal likings in site and what you would advise for a player who is looking for other rooms to make deposits and play....
Old 09-13-2005, 05:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Your site has been here for 4 years and has grown little compared to 30,000 daily at Stars, 60,000 at Party and 40,000 at paradise and 30,000 at UB .

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFLMAO Yeah right. So by now, the entire world should be playing at Party and 66% of us are at Paradise, and 50% of us are at Stars and UB. Yet, Stars has more people online at once than UB and Paradise put together, LOL. I love people who spout off stats just to make themselves sound somewhat intelligent.

It's called advertising. Ever seen an ad for Bugsys room on tv? Those 4 listed all have ads and get people to log in, but no where near those number of new players, lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

Although the rest of the post is yet another "online poker is rigged" whine I think he means that the amount of players that visit the individual site daily has grown to those numbers, not the amount of new players they get daily.
Old 09-13-2005, 01:48 PM

I used to play at Bugsys' a lot. While I am fairly certain their site is not rigged, their rng may be a bit off.
Old 09-13-2005, 02:21 PM

While this particular person seems to have lost objective perspective, I've played a lot at PokerPages/PokerSchoolOnline/BugsysClub, and in general I agree with the sentiments. If you play for any length of time, it really doesn't feel natural.

I still by and large though, enjoy playing there for practice. I really like the feel of the software, and they have all kinds of freerolls that approximate legitimate play, especially after the first hour or so. If that is, you stick to the Bugsy Bonus Point freerolls on PokerPages, and the real money freerolls on BugsysClub.

As far as the unnatural feel, to give you an idea I've played about 5 ~2-3 hour sessions in the last week. In that time, I've had TT preflop 3 times (once each in the 1st, 2nd and 4th sessions). I hit quads the first two times, and a set the third. Then I hit quad fours in the last session, and have seen at least one other quad dueces. The one time I saw AA, I hit aces full of queens. And even besides quads, it does feel like the board at this site really likes to hit the players that are still in the hand.

But, what really gets me more than anything about this site, is it seems you can throw the odds out the window when somebody is all in with cards left to see. I've never seen favorites hold up as much as they should over any notable stretch of time. You could be up against a 2 or 3 outer post flop, and if somebody gets all in, they seem to catch their out way more than statistics say they should. As much as 35%+ of the time with only 2 cards to see, over any notable stretches I've tracked. Never EVER as little as 5-10% over any stretch. I don't think you'll ever win 5 all-ins in a row against a 2 or 3 outer - post flop mind you, with 1 or 2 cards to see. I'm not really talking about preflop, when they have 5 cards to get their out, and the odds are so stacked against them, although even then, favorite hands don't seem to hold up an appropriate percentage of the time.

Just my $0.02. I'd never deposite real money there, and I actually cancelled my PSO membership for the same reason.
Old 09-13-2005, 04:12 PM

I have to agree with Gatto. It does feel unnatural and it seems like the flop hits multiple players alot more than other sites. I'M NOT SAYING IT'S RIGGED JUST STRANGE!!!

I played there when they only had SNG's. Shortly after they added the ring games I witnessed the following event and you can make your own conclusions about what it means, if anything. $2/$4 NL max buy-in $200. One of the people at the tables nickname was "JoeBeevers". This person is one of the owners I'm told. He has about $250 in front of him. A really big hand (pot) comes up and someone else at the table (I remember the name but I'm not posting it) who has been winning already wins it and now has a little over $900 in front of him. So we have one guy with $900+ and the owner with about $250. Remember the max buy-in is $200. On the very next hand "JoeBeevers"'s stack goes up to $950. He didn't win a pot he just added it. The guy who worked his way to $900+ says "Hey Joe, how can you add $700 when the max is $200 and your at $250?" JoeBeevers replied " I just wanted to see if I could do it."
I never played there for real money after that because I feel like if the owners can buy-in for whatever they want to but the rest of us are limited then I really can't trust the overall integrity of the site.
Regards,
G.I.
Old 09-13-2005, 06:28 PM

I am glad to see some of these for real feed back. They are now offering a 30% bonus up to 150.00$ and I was contemplating playing there because they have short feilds in their MTT's and you start with 10,000 chips giving you a WSOP feeling that you can be patient and wait for later rounds etc..
But after testing their site at the freerolls I have seen many many many such as the examples above. I will keep my money at Stars where even though I have taken some real beats over the years I do feel safe that their shuffler is truly random.
I think the compelling factor here is the amount and regularity of the big pots and action hands with 3,4, & 5 players having level 1 starting hands a lot etc... Can we expose this site? We as a poker community MUST have our voice heard, just as the original poster said, all we want is a fair venue to play, The site will make its money in the rake IE the more players, the more games= rake- lots of it! But hyped up pots & hands juiced for action is C RAP! Its not real poker and reduces the importance for skill.

Another question? If a site had x amount of players playing for the site and the said x players hands were algorithmically set higher to recieve more quality hands etc..(DO NOT TELL ME IT COULDNT HAPPEN!! IT IS A COMPUTER AND CAN BE PROGRAMMED TO DO ANYTHING!!!) then the said site would not only make rake but also make the money from winnings.... Could this happen? YES Might it happen? YES Does this happen? a high probability suggest that it could and would unless there were an independent review board would govern and police such activity. There are greedy people in this world who would steel from there mother and dont tell me its not worth the risk!!!!!!!! criminals risk anything for money!
Any suggestions on how to eliminate this type of crime or the possibilty their of?
Old 09-16-2005, 03:17 AM

I've played a lot there. Probably more than most people on here. With that in mind, I would say it is IMHO, almost certainly not rigged. BUT it does seem a bit off.

FWIW: I have also seen Bugsy himself get Bugsy'd out of a tourney!