Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2005, 08:19 PM

Default Re: Is suscribing to [url]www.sharpsportsbetting.com[/url] a good investment?

Chris-

What kind of subscription to SSB are you talking about? Just NFL, or everything?

I bet them year round.

The whole package is 1900. At 500 a bet, assuming a 50K BR, the package only needs to be worth 4 bets, no? Over a year, I would goddamn hope for 2K that I'm getting a 4 unit advantage.

Yes.

You can track thier previous results on the site. A quick note though. Like any site, they had some gorwing 'pains' so to speak (mostly haveing people giving picks who didnt work out) so the record going forward should be better than the previous record suggests.

I dont have the BR to spend 2K on a sportsbetting subscription, or anywhere near the BR to bet what is needed to bet enough to take advantage of it, and to top it off i dont know much at all about sportsbetting or the nfl. But with how good poker is going its something i would think about in a little bit.

IMO, the less you know about sports the better. When betting sports you will end up taking some really ugly teams, because thats where the value is. Most hard core fans cant grasp this and struggle with betting on teams like the Browns etc.

Sports betting is very profitable as long as you are patient and disciplined. The bonus money is pretty lucrtaive on its own.

Feel free to pm/email me anything you want to know.
Old 09-12-2005, 09:48 PM

Default Re: Is suscribing to [url]www.sharpsportsbetting.com[/url] a good investment?

Sublime,

New to the sports betting forum and always enjoy your posts. I, like Voltron, know nothing about sports betting really, especially things like baseball and basketball.

Couple things. What sport has the most +EV betting wise that would benefit the most from usage of a site like this? I think 2K on a service is a way out of my league and could never bet enough to cover it all. What kind of BR would a person need to utilize the season package for the NBA or CBB?

Any other good subscriptions that arent as highly priced? I would assume like everything, you get what you pay for.
Old 09-12-2005, 09:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sublime,

New to the sports betting forum and always enjoy your posts. I, like Voltron, know nothing about sports betting really, especially things like baseball and basketball.

Couple things. What sport has the most +EV betting wise that would benefit the most from usage of a site like this? I think 2K on a service is a way out of my league and could never bet enough to cover it all. What kind of BR would a person need to utilize the season package for the NBA or CBB?

Any other good subscriptions that arent as highly priced? I would assume like everything, you get what you pay for.

[/ QUOTE ]

They are actually pretty low priced, considering what "touts" usually charge. $2000 for what could be considered the top 5 bet sports in the U.S. I know they didn't do MLB this year and I have no idea if they will do it next year, but even for $500 a sport, that is a pretty good deal. I would highly recommend them.

craig
Old 09-12-2005, 09:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but even for $500 a sport, that is a pretty good deal. I would highly recommend them.

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

So what are we talking wagering and BR wise in order to take advantage of a $500 system? Im too lazy right now to do the math [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 09-12-2005, 09:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
but even for $500 a sport, that is a pretty good deal. I would highly recommend them.

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

So what are we talking wagering and BR wise in order to take advantage of a $500 system? Im too lazy right now to do the math [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Sublime said above $500 per game (plus juice). If you bet at a max 2% per game, this would require 25K. I could be wrong.

craig

p.s. Didn't mean to hijack the thread. If you want you could probably PM some of your concerns to Sublime and he would be willing to answer you.
Old 09-12-2005, 10:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

p.s. Didn't mean to hijack the thread. If you want you could probably PM some of your concerns to Sublime and he would be willing to answer you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im sure he will chime in here. I dont think this is hijacking at all, it was more of a general question(s) to anyone who could answer.

Im just starting out so the more info I can get from anyone who is willing to share is exaclty what I am looking for. Also, if I can gain a bit of an edge from a serivce, even if it isnt this one, I would be willing to pay if I can manage a BR to make it worth my while.
Old 09-12-2005, 10:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Sublime said above $500 per game (plus juice). If you bet at a max 2% per game, this would require 25K. I could be wrong.

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

your answers will be better than mine [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-12-2005, 10:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Im sure he will chime in here. I dont think this is hijacking at all, it was more of a general question(s) to anyone who could answer.

Im just starting out so the more info I can get from anyone who is willing to share is exaclty what I am looking for. Also, if I can gain a bit of an edge from a serivce, even if it isnt this one, I would be willing to pay if I can manage a BR to make it worth my while.

[/ QUOTE ]

I honestly don't think you will find a better service. Their winning record is well documented. They send out a lot of plays with widely available (WA) lines. Which is great, because you can usually get half points to a full point better then they are offering, which adds up to a few more wins than they will get. They explain all the reasoning (and I promise it is way better then the touts; i.e. no silly trends, etc..) behind their plays. The reason this is so good is that they will teach you a lot about sports betting. They will also give you non WA lines. Which if you shop around, you can find a lot of the times. I hope this answers some of your questions.

craig