Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2005, 11:22 AM

Default Re: Watch Out North Korea and Terrorists

[ QUOTE ]
yah, I hope not -

but if they find massive oil reserves in North Korea, build a fallout shelter. We have been known to launch "preemptive" strikes for the purposes of acquiring oil, whether or not said strike was justified.

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

As much as I hear people say this, there's absolutely no way the political machine in this country would let any President, Democrat or Republican or Green or whatever, drop the first nuke. Too much fallout, both real and figurative.

Actually one of the few things I don't worry about is a nuclear war. And maybe I'm a bit naive, I'll admit it, but I think the way the world changed after Hiroshima and Nagasaki, I just can't picture even a guy like Kim Jong Il going crazy enough to take a shot, knowing the total destruction of their country will soon follow.
Old 09-11-2005, 12:23 PM

Default Don\'t Be So Sure........

Two words.
Never. Happen.
Kim has alreadt threaten to sell nuclear weapons on the open market. So what should the USA's response be if:

*The USA learn's North Korea is in the process of selling nukes to al queda?

So what should be the proper response by the USA to this scenario? Obviously, the Democratic party solution would be to DO NOTHING(talk), wait for the nuke to explode in the USA, and then surrender. I think a preemptive nuclear strike would definately be on the table and this story confirms this.
Old 09-12-2005, 10:44 AM

Default Re: Watch Out North Korea and Terrorists

Now, now Felix, what have we said about using excessive nuclear force?
[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-12-2005, 10:49 AM

Default Re: Don\'t Be So Sure........

[ QUOTE ]
Two words.
Never. Happen.
Kim has alreadt threaten to sell nuclear weapons on the open market. So what should the USA's response be if:

So what should be the proper response by the USA to this scenario? Obviously, the Democratic party solution would be to DO NOTHING(talk), wait for the nuke to explode in the USA, and then surrender. I think a preemptive nuclear strike would definately be on the table and this story confirms this.

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing I love about you MAD types is that you really firmly believe that everyone in the US getting killed is much worse than everyone in the US and Korea getting killed. If you want mutually assured destruction, please leave me the [censored] out of it, bloody idiotic idea.

Mack
Old 09-12-2005, 11:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Two words.
Never. Happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing I love about you MAD types is that you really firmly believe that everyone in the US getting killed is much worse than everyone in the US and Korea getting killed. If you want mutually assured destruction, please leave me the [censored] out of it, bloody idiotic idea.

Mack

[/ QUOTE ]

Game theory...
Old 09-12-2005, 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Game theory...

[/ QUOTE ]

These things sound great, until they actually happen, then the few people who are left, dying in agony of cancer decide it was actually pretty silly and no one benefited, at least all the dead Americans will be able to be safe in the knowledge that they killed a lot of Koreans.

Mack