Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2005, 01:30 AM

Default Re: Okay, WTF

[ QUOTE ]
party poker is rigged!

seriously man ive been more successful at other sites also, but the idea that the largest internet poker site in the world is rigged to make a larger rake perctage is a little silly. what is your sample size? i still whore party out and in no way believe it is rigged, more W-horable people=+EV and more bad beats...

[/ QUOTE ]

My sample size at Party is only about 2,500. I'm less aggravated about my losses than I am about the ways I've been losing. Occasionally on other sites I'll get my aces cracked by the guy who cold-called my raise with his 67o and caught a straight, and I'll say, "nh" or something like that, to try to keep a positive attitude about it. I'm able to do this because I'm confident that if I just play long enough I'll make it all back and more, and I do. However, on Party I've almost come to expect the bad beats. Since I posted this, I've had pocket tens twice and seen the flop heads up. Both times an ace came on the flop with two rags, giving my opponent a pair of aces. Not so unusual by itself, but this is piled on to dozens of other bad beats I've had all day. Is this kind of stuff normal, and have I just been lucky enough on other sites not to have run into it so much?
Old 09-12-2005, 01:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sounds to me that for some reason the Party DOOM SWITCH is stuck for you. Have you tried logging in and out about 50 times very quickly? That's the only way to get the DOOM SWITCH to reset.

[/ QUOTE ]

VNH

as to the op. 2500 hands is such a small sample size. if i were u i'd take a day off and come back to the tables. party is a fish tank and u r seeing that. on absolute, ub, etc. people dont call down with A high every hand and so they dont suck out as much, and u dont win as much. i for some reason do better against competent opponents but the fish tank called party is not out to get u.
Old 09-12-2005, 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sounds to me that for some reason the Party DOOM SWITCH is stuck for you. Have you tried logging in and out about 50 times very quickly? That's the only way to get the DOOM SWITCH to reset.

[/ QUOTE ]

VNH

as to the op. 2500 hands is such a small sample size. if i were u i'd take a day off and come back to the tables. party is a fish tank and u r seeing that. on absolute, ub, etc. people dont call down with A high every hand and so they dont suck out as much, and u dont win as much. i for some reason do better against competent opponents but the fish tank called party is not out to get u.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have any idea at what limit on Party the players tend to stop chasing as much?
Old 09-12-2005, 01:59 AM

Is there anyone on Party who had a similar experience and was able to fix the problem by moving up to a higher limit?
Old 09-12-2005, 02:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is there anyone on Party who had a similar experience and was able to fix the problem by moving up to a higher limit?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Do you have any idea at what limit on Party the players tend to stop chasing as much?

[/ QUOTE ]

no offense, but you dont know [censored] about poker.
Old 09-12-2005, 02:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no offense, but you dont know [censored] about poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to have to agree with this. Try and get this sentence through your head: Everyone time a player chases a hand incorrectly, you make money. Simple as that. If you move up to higher limits, your pocket aces and kings will be the only things you'll win with, and you'll be winning tiny pots. [Note: Exaggeration present - point trying to be made.]

- thing85 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Old 09-12-2005, 02:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]

My sample size at Party is only about 2,500

[/ QUOTE ]

i.e. 1 day of playing?
Old 09-12-2005, 02:27 AM

You have a long ways to go before you can claim to have a deep understanding of the game.

That's alright though, most of us do.

In the meantime, play more hands.
Old 09-12-2005, 02:34 AM

The style of play at the same limits is not similar between Absolute and Party Poker, period. Adjustments will be necessary.

If it makes you feel better, I've not won my last three pocket KKs at another site -- twice having flopped a SET OF K's.

If it makes you feel better -- I'm a winner at all sites (sometimes in limited play) -- but a loser over around 5k hands at Absolute. (not counting bonii and r***back, which have me positive).
Old 09-12-2005, 02:48 AM

hey, you are ignorant and suck at poker, but we all did at one point. if u study this site and put in the effort to learn the game, u'll become a winner and look back at this post and have a good laugh at yourself. good luck