Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2005, 10:54 PM

Default 2 pair - reraised on the turn and general assistance

SB is 40/11 over 50 odd hands.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, MP checks.

Turn: (1.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero ????
Fold? call down? I'm guessing fold, as its a tiny pot.
Comments in white:
<font color="white">
Frankly I'm frustrated as hell. I'm getting "tricked" over and over again by other players and I'm spewing chips. obviously this "gives away" the results of the hand. I'm reading and re-reading SSHE and trying to apply the contents. I just feel that recently I've been playing really really badly and paying for it. I need to fix A LOT about my game and don't know how to begin. These hands are endemic of what I've been experiencing. Add in that I'm winning mainly small pots, I can't get any takers when I've "got the nuts" Am I just playing with too many tricky players? </font>

another hand. Villain is 53/4 over 90 hands.
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 3 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls.

I have TPGK, I'm 3betting here with no hesitation, but wary of any resumption of agression from villain.

Turn: (5.25 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (7.25 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 9.25 BB

Last one: Villain is unknown.
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Ok, I'm unsure of my position here. Fold to the raise? c/f the river?
River: (7 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero ?

Final Pot: 9 BB
Old 09-11-2005, 11:07 PM

Default Re: 2 pair - reraised on the turn and general assistance

Calling down hands 1 and 3 is fine. Hand 3 is the shadiest call down, but in a HU blind war, you're going to play a lot of hands that leave you feeling like a moran if you're playing right.

Hand 2 is standard.
Old 09-11-2005, 11:14 PM

Only thing I do different is bet the flop in hand 1.
Old 09-12-2005, 01:20 AM

you guys are serious?

ok. I'm just doubting everything about my game lately. Having nonstop luckbox exposure doesn't help. (not a whine, without feedback from this community it is near impossible to determine if one is playing well when probability is making you its bitch.) ok. thanks for the input. Will keep on studying, reading posts and will try to respond to more.