Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2003, 04:23 PM

Default Re: Playing online for a living week 19

Hey David,
We sat together the other night at Party (at least I think it was you). I typed "2+2" and you responded "=4". [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

I didn't have a great night. Got a good number (5) of AK both suited and offsuit but only one stood up, got a few AA that didn't hold, and my set of Aces was beat on the river. Oh well those are the breaks, I did make a comeback later that weekend winning the 125 back plus another 200 at the 2/4 tables.

Glad to hear you came back from your earlier losses.
Old 09-08-2003, 06:57 PM

Default Any Chance you\'d post your weekly Win/Loss figures in table form? N/M

Old 09-08-2003, 08:21 PM

Default Re: Playing online for a living week 19

I remember very well. The table was pretty tough at that time I think because there were at least 3 of us from 2+2 there at the time. The reason I like those gamse so much is that the pots are so big when your AK hold up you can forgive them for running you down the other times.

I'm sure I'll see more of you at the tables.
Old 09-08-2003, 09:13 PM

Default Excellent post as usual but....

Hi Dave:

I had the pleasure of playing in your table 2 days ago ( I thinK) but what was that chat with another player about fish calling with this and that, I track my winnings this way or that way, bad players chase too much, etc. It was not all you making these comments but you were carrying the conversation...
Anyway.. great post ..but .. let the fishes wonder lost in the sea [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

JAque
Old 09-09-2003, 02:46 AM

Default Re: Excellent post as usual but....

I don't remember the specifics of the table you're talking about, they all tend to blur together after a while. I never mention anything about winnings unless i'm talking about a specific session. I don't want opponents knowing I'm doing this for a living now. Subjects do come up at the table that I don't want to discuss, but also don't want to be rude about. I get a lot of lurkers talking about the posts and I say thank you and try to let the matter drop, and on Party I can send private messages explaining that the topic is uncomfortable for me. I generally wont take part in a discussion about someones poor play, although I'm sure sometimes things slip.
Old 09-09-2003, 06:05 AM

Default Private messages? How? OT

How do you send private messages on party?
seems like im just learning how to work that site.
Old 09-09-2003, 07:20 AM

Default Re: Hey david just wondering ?

I am sure someone has asked you this before,but why don't you play 3 5/10's at party?Or two 3/6 and two 5/10's at party? I would think the 5/10's at party would be softer,Are they ??
Thank's
P.S.good stuff as usual
Old 09-09-2003, 12:35 PM

Default Re: Private messages? How? OT

From the lobby, click on "My account", then "Buddy List". Add the names of anyone you'd like to chat with. THen select that person and click "Invite". It's a little clumsy because you can't chat in the same window, you have to keep closing the message sent to you and open a new window each time, but it works.
Old 09-09-2003, 12:40 PM

I found the 5/10's at Party to be as tough as the games at Paradise, meaning I needed to pay more attention to the games, so I settled on 3/6. Party allows 3 tables open only. I've been trying to play 4 tables for the last 2 weeks to see how it goes by playing 2 at Paradise and 2 at Party, so far so good. My goal would be to move up to all 5/10 tables, but I want to make sure I have the bankroll for it first. I may sacrifice some potential earnings at 3/6, but I am preventing the backsliding. I've never had a close to losing week at 3/6, the games are that much softer in my opinion.

There are a lot of different combinations I'd like to try, including the 15/30 games at Party, but I need the security of a full time job before I try that one.
Old 09-09-2003, 11:04 PM

Interesting stuff. Sounds like you're a true pro who doesn't really need the "security" of a real job, but if you have a family I can sure understand it.

A few questions from a wannabe pro
1 how many hours are you playing a week?
2 avg BB/hour
3 do you play much B&M? and if so are your results as good(per table)?

Thanks, and I'll have to track down your other threads. continued good luck, err skill.