Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2005, 05:57 AM

Default kinda interesting \"doing business\" hand

live 5-5, i open in the co for 25 with QJclubs, button and bb call. flop is AxKc8c, check, i bet 55, button calls, bb makes it 200 straight. i call, button goes all-in for 385 total. this re-opens the betting for the bb and he moves in for 890 total. so it's 690 more to me, and i call.

so there's a little more than 1200 in the main pot and 1000 in the side pot. at this point i flip my hand and ask if they want to do business: bb shows Ac8x, button declines and doesn't show. i say to bb, "we can run it 3 times or just once, it's up to you." he says ok. since the button's not in it, our deal doesn't involve the main pot: the first run wins the main pot, but it also counts towards winning 1/3rd of the side. the subsequent 2 runs count for 1/3rd each as well.

it sounds kinda complicated, but we negotiated it in less than a minute. i didn't really have the chance to think it thru. was this a good or bad deal for me?
Old 09-10-2005, 06:18 AM

Default Re: kinda interesting \"doing business\" hand

[ QUOTE ]
i didn't really have the chance to think it thru. was this a good or bad deal for me?

[/ QUOTE ]

it's EV neutral for you, and reduces variance, so unless it's a capped buy-in this is a good deal