Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2005, 10:58 PM

Default Any reason I would do worse at empire than party? (RAKEBACK CURSE)

All this silly talk nearby about cashout curses and the like, how come nobody has ever mentioned the rakeback curse, the losing streak you go on when you first get rakeback?

I'm currently suffering through the mother of all rakeback curses or, since I don't believe in that, a truly horrendous case of normal downward variance.

Now, I'm not that good of a player to begin with, but I'm getting better. At Party .5/1 I've averaged +1.0 BB over my last 30K hands (up from -1.0 BB/100 in the 30K hands before that). But since I signed up for rakeback and started playing on Empire, I'm down 430 BB in 14,200 hands, or about -3.0 BB/100. During that time I've also played 4,000 hands at Party, to clear two bonuses, and I've made 150 BB or 3.75 BB/100.

They're exactly the same games, aren't they? Why would I be doing so horrible at Empire? It's almost enough to make me believe in some kind of shenanigans - well, actually not, but it is frustrating.
Old 09-09-2005, 11:01 PM

Default Re: Any reason I would do worse at empire than party? (RAKEBACK CURSE)

no
Old 09-09-2005, 11:14 PM

no
Old 09-09-2005, 11:17 PM

So your affiliate is in cahoots with Empire hah (otherwise, empire wouldn't know, right?)

Seems like a lot of trouble to go to.
Old 09-09-2005, 11:18 PM

One of your accounts has been flagged to lose. See if you can have them turn off the doom switch, or just wait for things to recalibrate. This has happened many times to me as well.

Good luck.
Old 09-10-2005, 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So your affiliate is in cahoots with Empire hah (otherwise, empire wouldn't know, right?)

Seems like a lot of trouble to go to.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, no, the affiliate is on my side, and obviously party/empire is doing this to do away with rakeback. They must have sophisticated tracking/virus software whereby party plants a hidden virus/cookie on each players computer, since everybody starts at party. Then, when the player learns about rakeback and signs up with a skin to get it, the embedded party virus/cookie sends a message to the skin's server to engage the "doom" switch for this account. The skin's server reports this done, and marks the fact on the virus/cookie, and so the next time the player signs onto party the virus/cookie sends a message to party's server to temporarily engage the "unbelievable luck" switch, which returns half the doom switch losses to the player in the form of incredible suckouts. This, of course, necessitates a cash transfer between the skin and party whereby the skin covers the excess winnings party is doling out, and gets back a commission for its antirakeback activity.

Thus, no matter how hard headed the player and how much he tries to believe in mathematics, it soon becomes painfully obvious to him that he is losing money on his rakeback account and making money on the non-rakeback one. Thus, he cancels his rakeback account, all the affiliates go out of business, and he goes back to playing at the non-rakeback site exclusively (where, meanwhile, the "unbelievable luck" switch has been turned off again).

Well, c'mon, where are all you conspiracy guys? There's an outline for you - flesh it out some and maybe we can get this rakeback curse idea going.

(For those readers with broken sarcasm meters, the rakeback curse idea is a joke. But the numbers I reported are true - I guess it just goes to show how, looking at a small sample, people can come to these kinds of conclusions.)
Old 09-10-2005, 01:39 AM

These kinds of posts-and posts designed to mock them-really do take up WAY too much space in the zoo

Why can't you just ignore trolls/posters who may or may not take that kind of stuff seriously?

We all know that online poker isn't rigged and that various other conclusions people jump to in order to avoid having to deal with the fact that it's just variance/they suck at poker are false-we don't need people to keep bumping threads which say so.
Closed Thread