Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2005, 09:35 PM

Default ahead or way behind, do i give a freecad here ?

i have qq late position, i make raise but still 6 see flop. Flop is Kh Kd2h checked to me i bet, 2 callers. then a 6c comes, checked to me again, What is my move here? Do i allow flush to catch for free in fear of kkk as well as inducing a river bluff/ call by checking or refuse to give a free card in fear of an ace or heart
Old 09-09-2005, 09:36 PM

Default Re: ahead or way behind, do i give a freecad here ?

I bet everytime here, and fold to a c/r.
Old 09-09-2005, 10:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Against 1 tricky aggressive opponent I would check here. But against 2 opponents you are better off betting in my opinion. I do not like giving a free card to two opponents, and when we are ahead of these two opponents and they both have hands they will call with, we lose out on 2bb here, and I think thats giving up too much. As far as whether you should fold to a checkraise, you need to be careful here. If you bet the turn and the first guy folds and now the next guy raises you should be very suspicious if youre playing online. This guy could easily be taking a shot at you with a flushdraw or something so it would be very important to know your opponent. Folding to a checkraise is no where near automatic.
Old 09-09-2005, 10:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Against 1 tricky aggressive opponent I would check here. But against 2 opponents you are better off betting in my opinion. I do not like giving a free card to two opponents, and when we are ahead of these two opponents and they both have hands they will call with, we lose out on 2bb here, and I think thats giving up too much. As far as whether you should fold to a checkraise, you need to be careful here. If you bet the turn and the first guy folds and now the next guy raises you should be very suspicious if youre playing online. This guy could easily be taking a shot at you with a flushdraw or something so it would be very important to know your opponent. Folding to a checkraise is no where near automatic.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, comepletely. I just hate thinking about this stuff if Im not actually in the hand. ie one person folds, if he calls etc. If I was in the hand I would have probably followed your thought process to the T.

Now the question to the forum, as I havent been reading up in the last few months, is Westley a good poster or not (at least itll give me some personal validation if he is, hehe)???
Old 09-09-2005, 10:47 PM

i bet and fold to the cr.

however, against one opponent, as long as hes not very typical/straightforward, ill call the cr. many tricky players will pop you on this turn. pocket pairs below tens, a few ace highs. tricky players will try to take the pot away from you here.

rickiebear
Old 09-09-2005, 11:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, comepletely. I just hate thinking about this stuff if Im not actually in the hand. ie one person folds, if he calls etc. If I was in the hand I would have probably followed your thought process to the T.

Now the question to the forum, as I havent been reading up in the last few months, is Westley a good poster or not (at least itll give me some personal validation if he is, hehe)???

[/ QUOTE ]
Most people think I'm a terrible poster so watch out!! [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]