Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2005, 07:25 AM

Default The four to flush semi bluff

I don't have any specific hand histories available but I would still like to discuss this concept. I've taken a lot of heat in the post hand discussions after using this play on two occasions lately.

The first hand I had two low spades in late position in a non-raised or min-raised pot. Flop has two spades. There are two guys betting relatively much maybe 10% of the buy-in. I decide to go all in to win the pot right there and then. I get one caller. Turn is a spade. River is also a spade. The caller had AA with the ace of spades so he took it down. I'm not sure I would call with AA here... Or is that too weak?

I hadn't been on the table for long and no one had a read on me. Was it right of him to call with AA? It's still just a pair. I could have had almost anything even if my bet screamed flush draw...

The second time I had 109s in, again, spades. Again two spades on the flop and semi-heavy betting. I again push it all to the middle and get one caller. Only this time it's the nut flush draw who calls. For me this is an increadibly fishy call unless he puts me on a lower flush draw. I got lucky this time and hit a pair and the flush didn't come.

Maybe $25NL is too low to get any respect for this play? Or is it a bad idea altogether?
Old 09-09-2005, 08:15 AM

Default Re: The four to flush semi bluff

I use it if I know I mostlikely have atleast 1 overcard with the flush draw. Lets say first position raises strong, I call with lets say AQs. Flop comes 8 high with 2 of my suit. If im not in position, I would lead here and if get raised, move all in, AA is very rare but KK is alot more likely. So by pushing all in here,I get 50-50 if I get called. If im in position I would raise his bet on flop and If I dont hit on turn and he checks, check behind him. Moving all in with only a flush draw is pretty fishy if u get called and you are 35-65 underdog atleast.
Old 09-09-2005, 08:19 AM

moving in with a naked flush draw is pretty bad....if you get called you are a decent dog. People typically move in with some kind of combo draw at least flush+pair or flush+straight draw. Just a naked draw is kind of bad...reason being, that when there are 2 of a suit on the board on the flop people are typically going to convince themselves that you are drawing and call you.
Old 09-09-2005, 08:36 AM

In the first hand there was a bet and a call. You are getting odds here + you have position. I think you can just call there.