Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2005, 10:17 PM

Default Re: Hands folded on showdown, good/bad???

I fold the turn in hands 1 & 2. hand 3 I would consider calling the river now that we've gotten there.
Old 09-07-2005, 10:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I fold the turn in hands 1 & 2. hand 3 I would consider calling the river now that we've gotten there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hand 1, I can see that.

Hand 2, I've got overs and a got shot, worth calling the turn?

Hand 3, overs and a flush draw on the turn, river still unsure...
Old 09-07-2005, 10:27 PM

these are fine cept for the turn call in hand 1
Old 09-07-2005, 10:37 PM

Default Re: Stats Post, I apologize in advance

[ QUOTE ]
You are probably folding some winners if your went to sd is 30%. But this could be a function of running bad (which you most definately are).

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm folding 40.59% of the time to a river bet. What is the "standard" range? Is this high or too low? Given the above statement, is my # too high (folding too much)? My gut is telling me no.
Old 09-07-2005, 11:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You are probably folding some winners if your went to sd is 30%. But this could be a function of running bad (which you most definately are).

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm folding 40.59% of the time to a river bet. What is the "standard" range? Is this high or too low? Given the above statement, is my # too high (folding too much)? My gut is telling me no.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this number should be around 35%, so yours is slightly high (a few too many folds)
Old 09-08-2005, 09:11 AM

OK- i am temporairly reversing my stance- i think your problem is likely your turn play, and not the river.
My Folded to a river bet is 41%- and my went to sd is 39% (over my last 9k hands). So what i think your problem is the flop and turn and not being aggressive enough to be in a position to take free showdowns.
So lets take a look at your flop and turn agression stats and see if this might be the problem.
Old 09-08-2005, 09:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
OK- i am temporairly reversing my stance- i think your problem is likely your turn play, and not the river.
My Folded to a river bet is 41%- and my went to sd is 39% (over my last 9k hands). So what i think your problem is the flop and turn and not being aggressive enough to be in a position to take free showdowns.
So lets take a look at your flop and turn agression stats and see if this might be the problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

Flop and turn AF are 2.72 and 2.49, respectively. I think these are fine, but again looking for input.

All in all, I think this is variance, but wanted to get a "check up". Personally, I'm planning on not playing online til Monday or Tuesday. I need to just clear my head and get some of these beats out of my mind. I've always been an advocator of taking time off and now I guess it's mine turn to take a break.