Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2005, 11:56 PM

Default Re: Loosing tons of cash is fun....please help me (longish)

[ QUOTE ]
Learning how to deal with losing is crucial in being a good SNG player. I had a 60 buyin downswing and it really did effect my game. I can't say with my hand on my heart that if it happened to me again it wouldn't effect me but i really do think i would deal with it a lot better. If i get a 10 game downswing now, it hurts, but if i go through the HH's and find out i really didnt do anything that wrong, then i'll stay confident in my game and wont make unnecessary adjustments. Confidence in knowing you are playing a "winning" game is key during the downswings.

[/ QUOTE ]

Better still, get someone ELSE to check your hand histories. During a downswing you subconsciously want to believe you are doing nothing wrong and it's all down to bad luck, and after analyzing your own HH's you may convince yourself of that. Find someone who's poker skills you trust and have them take a look. You may not get the answers you want, but the tough lessons will make you a better player.
Old 09-08-2005, 12:51 AM

If it makes you feel any better, my worst -ROI streak is:

$50+5:
61 games
21% ITM
-36% ROI [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

- $1200 (-24 buy ins in 2 days)

Note: I was still +$ for that month so don't fret OP.
Old 09-08-2005, 12:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]

$50+5:
61 games
21% ITM
-36% ROI [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Note: I was still +$ for that month.

[/ QUOTE ]

Variance can suck, huh? If I ever actually lost money over the course of a month, I'd probably give up poker and become a monk.
Old 09-08-2005, 02:17 AM

Dude, you are way smarter than this post. You know enough about poker and simple logic that you shouldn't be saying this stuff. Hold it down and represent, you know how poker works, variance happens, deal with that shizzzzz. I really don't know why you made this post, Peter already said this, but this is dumb.

And just to respond to freemoney for a second: You need to actually contribute something... to anyone... before you decide to tell people whether they're good or not. The fact that you'd tell someone with a 25%+ ROI over 1000+ games that they're junk is ignorant enough, but you manage to do it in a way that makes you look even dumber than this would indicate. Please say 10 things intelligent before your next completely uneducated response.
Old 09-08-2005, 02:30 AM

Woah I totally forgot about this post...ok yes it was stupid and yes I know better and it was a bit of a vent post so i appologize for that...but hey it worked. I felt much better and I've had a nice little run over the last few days with my first few tries at 8 tabling. So if nothing else it let me get a little loosing streak off my cheast and let some other people share their terrible runs which once again should give me a chance to stop bitching about my little 10 buy in downswing.

[ QUOTE ]

And just to respond to freemoney for a second:...Please say 10 things intelligent before your next completely uneducated response.

[/ QUOTE ]
I second that motion

PS I also got a link to that gigabet post which was genious and everyone should read so some good came out of this all
Old 09-08-2005, 02:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
PS I also got a link to that gigabet post which was genious and everyone should read so some good came out of this all

[/ QUOTE ]

I find it ironic when people spell genius wrong. I am therefore taking this moment to point out that you do not spell well. INYAFACE!
Old 09-08-2005, 03:02 AM

I would like to point out I just drank for 4 hours and smoked 2 bowls
Old 09-08-2005, 07:58 AM

Maybe we need to split the forum up so that I can read about my low limit $22s and $33s with less of the usual "I lost 10 buy-ins" posts. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 09-08-2005, 09:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Megabet wrote:
[ QUOTE ]
AA Suited wrote:

$50+5:
61 games
21% ITM

Note: I was still +$ for that month.

[/ QUOTE ]

Variance can suck, huh? If I ever actually lost money over the course of a month, I'd probably give up poker and become a monk.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've lost $1800 at 30+3 in a month. (-60 buy ins)
I've also had a 650 game breakeven streak at 50+5's.
But I've also been +20% ROI over 1500 50+5's.

Expect a MAJOR losing month. but you can also expect a hot streak where your luckbox is so strong that you can raise with 72o and correctly guess 2pair or better on the flop.