Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2005, 06:47 AM

Default Re: Question For Protestants

[ QUOTE ]
You say that logically, God should care that his message is interpreted correctly, and further, God would actually intervene at some point to ensure that someone (as opposed to everyone) gets the correct message.

What premises is this logic based upon? Can you give me one reason other than "it's illogical to me!"

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm through with you just like with udon'tknowmickey for the same reasons. A person who maintains that there is no logical contradiction in God giving a message and then not caring whether it is corrupted is not worth wasting one more word with.
Old 09-08-2005, 07:42 AM

You miss the point that caring and taking specific action in spite of reasons not to are two completely different things.

If he really cared and wanted his pure message to get through, he would appear to the whole world tomorrow and tell everyone his message. Your 'logic' leads to that same conclusion.

And I can't believe you can't see the reasons why, even if he cared, he may not intervene, or he may not intervene in the way you think he would. You seem to know more about the mind and intentions of God than God himself, and certainly a great deal of scholars.

You're being very unreasonable. Good luck with that.
Old 09-08-2005, 08:28 AM

"But the word of God is not fettered." 2 Tim. 2:9

"we refuse to practice cunning or to tamper with God's word" 2Cor 4:2

"But it is not as though the word of God had failed." Rom. 9:6

"The grass withers, and the flower falls, but the word of the Lord abides for ever." 1 Pet. 1:24-25

"Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away." Luke 21:33