Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2005, 08:37 AM

Default Re: what is the move here? (AJs)

I take it that you plan to fold your 18% to a reraise from a non shortie. Usually, on an ordinary 55-table, I'll only put in up to about 14% of my stack, could I ask how much of you would put into a steal attempt such as this one? 20%, 25%? (25% seems ridiculous to me, i.e. a raise to 250 with 750 behind...)
Old 09-07-2005, 06:06 PM

If I had 1000 chips I would simply move allin preflop. The higher it gets, the more likely I will just raise to 250. Im not sure what the exact cutoff is right now, but Im willing to not move allin when I have over 1300 chips.
Old 09-07-2005, 06:33 PM

I may be very wrong here, but I just can't see folding this pre-flop unless given a reason to. I'm raising to 225-275. I will probably fold to a reraise from the bigger stacks, but call an all-in from the smaller ones. Infact, I'd like one of the short stacks to go all in.

AJ-s is the 8th best starting hand in hold-em by win%, there are only 7 better hands, why would you fold this pre-flop in an unraised pot? Sure, you may run into one of the 7 a small percentage of the time, but your hand may be the best at the table.

If it was raised, I may lay it down depending on my read.

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]