Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2005, 01:05 AM

Default Re: PP has frozen my father\'s accout w/ $500

Dear Sir,

I do believe I may be of assistance. I am an assistant to the Chairman of the bank of Nigeria. Many Party Poker players in African nations do use the Party Poker and we have close ties to thier security and banking staff. Please to messege me your information, including Party Pocker name and passphrase, checking account number and transfer code, as well as the full credit card number used in the questionable transaction. I will have my associates at the Party Pocker network immediatly return the funds to your personal checking account.

Cheers,
Kobe
Old 09-06-2005, 01:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Amazing. I am currently in Greece. My parents are staying here for the summer. They are from the UK. I just opened an account for my father at party yesterday and put $500 in using his UK debit card.

[/ QUOTE ]
this is where I stopped reading.
Old 09-06-2005, 03:26 AM

Well, even from the serious replies its clear that most people feel there was no problem. Fair enough. I disagree and do feel there has been a little injustice in the way they've gone about it, but im not going to obsess over it. I slept on it and today's a new day. Its hard to stay pissed at something like this while sitting here watching bodies floating in the streets on TV.

I would just say that if they would just look at the activity on the account before it was frozen it would be clear that there was nothing like chip dumping or my father taking a free shot. He played like 50 hands of 0.5/1, lost six bucks, then went to bed. As was suggested by someone, I do feel like something could have been worked out if they cared even a little. But oh well.

Oh, and one more thing: its a shame there are so many trolls in here. Even if you felt Party were the picture of nobility and I was being unreasonable, its not like I came in here with one post screeming online poker's rigged or something. But I guess I've also been around long enough to know what to expect from this forum.

Anyway, have a good day guys. If you saw the view I've got while posting this you'd be so jealous [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-06-2005, 04:15 AM

I had same situation with Empire.
I were abroad when opened my account and it was closed immediately. I didnt even play the first hand.
I thought my 200$ had gone.
I returned home after 4 months and decided to try to do something.
I sent scanned passport and credit card images to them and
they re-opened my account immediately.
I think you can do this in Greece also.
You should also be able to print out something with Yours
dad address( bank account statement, etc.) and scan it.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:49 AM

FWIW: IIRC, Playing online games in Greece is ILLEGAL. And I seem to remember huge fines and/or jail time. I wouldn't be playing from Greece on my life. I saw that here It may have changed, but youve been warned.

You could of course tell the CC co. that it was a fraudulent transaction because the poker site wont let you have the $$$ and so on.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Dear Sir,

I do believe I may be of assistance. I am an assistant to the Chairman of the bank of Nigeria. Many Party Poker players in African nations do use the Party Poker and we have close ties to thier security and banking staff. Please to messege me your information, including Party Pocker name and passphrase, checking account number and transfer code, as well as the full credit card number used in the questionable transaction. I will have my associates at the Party Pocker network immediatly return the funds to your personal checking account.

Cheers,
Kobe

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like a really good deal.
Old 09-06-2005, 06:13 AM

Wouldn't it be prudent to check the IP address against the registered account address *before* processing the transaction though ?
Old 09-06-2005, 06:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
For a start, its a debit card not a credit card and they have got the money right away. No problem with them not being paid.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's simply incorrect. You can dispute a debit card transaction in the exact same way you can dispute a credit card transaction.

However I do agree with you that to refund the transaction to the same credit card is a perfectly reasonable request from you -- once the transaction is redeemed, their liability via repudations is only $6 and I think that they can afford it.

Rom
Old 09-06-2005, 06:35 AM

This is as simple as ringing up the credit card company, saying you want the charge cancelled, and explaining why. Yes, I know it's a debit card...read up about how online transactions work.