Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2005, 08:55 PM

Default an 80 69o hand

UB 5 handed 80-160
I have 6c9h in the BB, folded to the agg sb, he auto raises, i call.

flop is
AhQh4h
he bets, i call.

turn is the 2d
he bets, i call.

river is the 6d
he bets, i call.

comments, thanks
dave
Old 09-05-2005, 10:38 PM

Default Re: an 80 69o hand

Looks pretty standard to me. The only thing you could have really done different is put in a raise on the flop to get better hands with no piece of the board and no heart to fold.
Old 09-05-2005, 11:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Looks pretty standard to me. The only thing you could have really done different is put in a raise on the flop to get better hands with no piece of the board and no heart to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree with the above statement, If youre going to continue in this hand you need to make a play for the pot on either the flop or the turn. If you always have to hit your draw to win in this spot you are giving up too much.
Old 09-05-2005, 11:34 PM

Dont like it. Why draw to the 9 high flush with all those over cards. I agree you need to defend and perhaps see a flop, but with that I almost always automuck....
Old 09-06-2005, 12:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Dont like it. Why draw to the 9 high flush with all those over cards. I agree you need to defend and perhaps see a flop, but with that I almost always automuck....

[/ QUOTE ]
This is definitely the best approach to the hand in question, but If your gonna play your draw you need to make a play for the pot on the flop or the turn. Calling down with no chance of winning unless you hit your hand is not a viable option in a heads up pot in my opinion.
Old 09-06-2005, 12:23 AM

if i raise the pot and he has anypiece of it or any draw i am going to loose an extra big bet, at least, unless i hit. i don't like it b/c no one will believe you at all, all pairs are going to showdown, some king hi's if the flush doesn't get there. so if i play it passivly i get paid off whenever i am good and loose the min when i am not. i am not sure but my impression is most players will read a flop raise as a naked heart, or they will think you have a naked heart enough to go to showdown. i don't think i am winning the pot un improved much.
dave
Old 09-06-2005, 12:31 AM

pf i am getting 3-1, i am not folding anyhting but maybe 72o and 83o etc. he is raising (i think) everything but thses select group of horrible hands. so, i can't fold.

on the flop i have a good heart draw, i am not folding any heart hu. i am getting 5-1 easy call. i am not sure raising is a good option b/c i end up putting in an extra bb too much of the time, i think the flop is just too obviously drawy for any one to give me credit for anyhting, whihc is why conversly i would play a big fast.
so i think mucking here is insane, why do you fold?
dave
Old 09-06-2005, 12:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if i raise the pot and he has anypiece of it or any draw i am going to loose an extra big bet, at least, unless i hit. i don't like it b/c no one will believe you at all, all pairs are going to showdown, some king hi's if the flush doesn't get there. so if i play it passivly i get paid off whenever i am good and loose the min when i am not. i am not sure but my impression is most players will read a flop raise as a naked heart, or they will think you have a naked heart enough to go to showdown. i don't think i am winning the pot un improved much.
dave

[/ QUOTE ]
If it is the case that you have no folding equity here, than I think you should call the flop and fold the turn since you wont have the pot odds nor implied odds to continue in the hand. I still think the best strategy is for you to just fold the flop but if you want to continue in the hand, this is the line i think you should take if it is actually a fact that your opponent will never fold a better hand than you.
Old 09-06-2005, 12:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
pf i am getting 3-1, i am not folding anyhting but maybe 72o and 83o etc. he is raising (i think) everything but thses select group of horrible hands. so, i can't fold.

on the flop i have a good heart draw, i am not folding any heart hu. i am getting 5-1 easy call. i am not sure raising is a good option b/c i end up putting in an extra bb too much of the time, i think the flop is just too obviously drawy for any one to give me credit for anyhting, whihc is why conversly i would play a big fast.
so i think mucking here is insane, why do you fold?
dave

[/ QUOTE ]
I would fold here cuz of the chance that your hand would be no good even if you hit it combined with the fact that the pot is still not that big, and if you do call the flop, you realize you do not have the odds to see the river. You will be gettin 4-1 to hit a flush on the river but since there will be times that your flush is no good when you do hit it, 4-1 is not enough.