Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2005, 09:43 PM

Default Fold, Raise or Call, I\'ve got no idea......

MP is 42/33/1.87 (over 33 hands)
Button is 100/61/2 (over 23 hands)

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, MP calls.

Flop: (13.40 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP caps</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (12.70 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero ????

What do I do here with the OESD and overs? Plus if a K comes, I've got the nut straight. I can almost see folding, raising or calling.....
Old 09-05-2005, 10:08 PM

Default Re: Fold, Raise or Call, I\'ve got no idea......

It sucks, but I think you have to let it go. Given the stats, you might be looking at a capped turn, and you might be drawing dead against a boat (or one of your outs might give one of your opponents a boat).
Old 09-05-2005, 10:28 PM

I could fold this here. The problem is that you aren't closing the action so this often gets three-bet and sometimes gets capped.

I actually the think the flop is much more interesting than the turn. I am curious what other people think of the way it was played.
Old 09-05-2005, 10:40 PM

I don't see an advantage to betting against these players after the preflop action. I think checking is best.
Old 09-05-2005, 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I actually the think the flop is much more interesting than the turn. I am curious what other people think of the way it was played.

[/ QUOTE ]

On the flop, I've got the OESD and back door nut flush. I think the flop play was fine, but what were you're thoughts?
Old 09-05-2005, 11:13 PM

So are you saying that the reason for betting is that you have a lot of equity and thus want money going into the pot? If the answer is yes, then wouldn't that also argue for capping?
Old 09-05-2005, 11:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Poster: bobbyi
Subject: Re: Fold, Raise or Call, I've got no idea......

So are you saying that the reason for betting is that you have a lot of equity and thus want money going into the pot? If the answer is yes, then wouldn't that also argue for capping?

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet out because of pot equity, however, when it was 3-bet back to me, I was starting to get worried of a set or made straight. Given that, I called and ended up calling the cap.