Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2005, 12:08 PM

Default Re: KQ hand (read this one not the other one)

if he has an aggression factor of 5 over a good deal amount of hands then yes i play this hand passively until i hit my draw and go to 4 bets with it. i wouldnt be worried about getting 3 bet on this flop because as someone mentioned you may very well be coin flipping. what scares you is being smoothed on the flop and raised on the turn. although a person with an aggression factor of 5 would probably just jam the flop. i really dont know however as you almost never see a player with AF5 unless you have like 30 hands which is probably the case here.
Old 08-30-2005, 12:28 PM

What part of "he just showed down J4s with jack high" leads you to believe he's going to fold to your river donk bet? You really think he's going to put you on a heart draw or 79/Q9 after you raised preflop?
Old 08-30-2005, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What part of "he just showed down J4s with jack high" leads you to believe he's going to fold to your river donk bet?

[/ QUOTE ]
J4 guy already folded.
Old 08-30-2005, 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if he has an aggression factor of 5 over a good deal amount of hands then yes i play this hand passively until i hit my draw and go to 4 bets with it. i wouldnt be worried about getting 3 bet on this flop because as someone mentioned you may very well be coin flipping. what scares you is being smoothed on the flop and raised on the turn. although a person with an aggression factor of 5 would probably just jam the flop. i really dont know however as you almost never see a player with AF5 unless you have like 30 hands which is probably the case here.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, it was actualy 4.7 aggression factor and I had 122 hands on him, so I guess it probably is inflated. Either way I like your line.
Old 09-03-2005, 07:49 AM

Thanks for the help everyone, by the way, He folded to my river bet. I assume he had AK
Old 09-03-2005, 09:31 PM

I think u are getting raised virtually everytime on this flop. If he has a pair, you get raised, AK or AQ u will get raised (because he also has a gutshot and maybe a BD draw).

If u CR, he may smooth call and raise the turn like ppl have mentioned. Or he will cap and go from there. I think its best to play this passivly. Your way might be good if u think he will lay down if the flush draw gets there.
Old 09-04-2005, 10:58 AM

Pre-Flop: Good isolate a fish, typical.

Flop: Depending how aggressive my opponent is and what type of hands he might reraise me with I might check or bet out. If he's real aggressive and might reisolate then betting out would be my move. He might have a mid pair here thinking your isolating a fish with a light hand. If so, then betting out will give him the chance to fold his hand. Since he raised, he already gave an indication of his hand.

Turn: I'm checking back and hoping to see the Turn if he doesn't bet. I'm still leaning towards a fold here though cause the pot doesn't give you enough to chase anything.

What do you guys think about this?
Old 09-04-2005, 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Turn: I'm checking back and hoping to see the Turn if he doesn't bet. I'm still leaning towards a fold here though cause the pot doesn't give you enough to chase anything.

What do you guys think about this?

[/ QUOTE ]

You woul honestly fold this turn? You would be one of few I think. I'm never folding in this spot. Is anyone else folding here? or think it has merit?
Old 09-05-2005, 10:26 AM

Good time to bet the river, yes, representing the flush/straight and the pot isn't so big that he will have to call anyways, and consistent with the rest of the hand.

However, you only have King high [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] so hopefully he folds and your punning clan will be kept secret!
Old 09-05-2005, 01:55 PM

are you check raising AJ AT KJ KT QT QJ here on the flop? if so, i think you should c/r this flop also. i'm definetly worried about getting smooth called and then raised on the turn if you c/r. i think im so worried he might, i think i considering checking the turn and hope he checks behind fearing me to check raise again.

the bet out is interesting, but if you know he's gonna raise almost all his holdings, regardless of if he hit or missed, then its a bit pointless, and if you don't c/r the flop you could check call. check call bet

stealthcow-