Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2005, 04:25 AM

Default Re: Corporate disobedience plan to counter the rake increase.

jesus christ am I glad i search out shorthanded full tables.
Old 09-04-2005, 04:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone else think this will be seriously detrimental to our bottom line? You are going to tell all the fish at once that we are here to make money and Party is giving us a little less than they used to.

Most of the fish, maybe all of the fish, are unaware of the rake increase. Pointing them to a website explaining these facts to them will be the beginning of thier education. They are going to realize how serious we are about making money.

They may be frightened away when they find out how many "pros" there are at their tables.

Am I overthinking/overreacting?

[/ QUOTE ]
I think this is why we should tell Party about this plan before we carry it out. In the hope they will change things without us having to educate the fish about the rake (which neither us nor Party have any interest in them knowing much about).

We should also tell them how relentless we will be about it. This shouldn't be a one time happening. It has to occur at regular intervals maybe 3 times a week. And Party needs to know that too. I think it makes the chances of us getting them to listen a lot bigger.

Btw. Partygirluk, this is a brilliant idea!
Old 09-04-2005, 07:37 PM

I'm in. 4 tabling right now.

EDIT: damn michael davis is right.
Old 09-04-2005, 08:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i believe that party poker does not need professional poker players in their games. we may accumulate high mgrs but we eat away at the fishes money that would have become party's, but instead those fish go broke and quit. as professional players, we need party. they dont need us. i dont think party would have any problem retaliating against rioting professionals by at least hassling them about HUDs and multiple accounts. in the end, the professionals will go back to party and pay the ridiculous rake anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is wrong a bazillion ways

party make the most money from the professional guys because bums on seats is what pays - i know that the players that the sites desperately fight over are the multi tabling professionals

poker would be a crap game if it werent for the fact that it is a game of skill - the chooks know this and the idea that if your smart you can win is what keeps them coming back - the primary reason they dont win is that they dont appreciate that lazy and arrogant will nearly always get in the way of smart

the professionals may well end up just paying the ridiculous rake anyway but advocating doing nothing whilst being f'ed over isnt a great plan

stripsqueez - chickenhawk
Old 09-04-2005, 09:02 PM

i'm in

i dont know what the changes are - i suspect they arent going to effect me as i am nearly always playing higher than 5/10 - i would be happy however to devote time and effort to a well organised campaign to voice my disapproval

i think you should get a group together and then write and tell party what your planning to do and when - i used to write nasty letters for a living and would be happy to help

stripsqueez - chickenhawk
Old 09-05-2005, 02:53 AM

After a brief stint in the full games I have shrugged my shoulders and decided to just play my best poker instead of holding all this anger towards the rake hike. I will pay cause I have to pay. Now I need to find a better r back to compensate a little.
Old 09-05-2005, 03:18 AM

party did announce a hurricane relief tourney, 30+0, 90% to redcross, party matching 100%, 10% prize pool

that should calm some ppl down a little, its not a 100% evil greedy corp.
Old 09-05-2005, 03:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm in

i dont know what the changes are - i suspect they arent going to effect me as i am nearly always playing higher than 5/10 - i would be happy however to devote time and effort to a well organised campaign to voice my disapproval

[/ QUOTE ]
According to my database the changes for 10/20 are as follows:
average rake now/before: 2.23/1.86
% of pt now/before: 1.80/1.56

These changes will have an enormous impact. And it is ridiculous that a business can pull this stunt without informing the players in advance. We must try and do something.

[ QUOTE ]
i think you should get a group together and then write and tell party what your planning to do and when

[/ QUOTE ]
And maybe try to make some estimations as to how much their bottomline will be effected which is all they care about it. Not sure how to arrive at such a number though. Anyone have any ideas?

[ QUOTE ]
- i used to write nasty letters for a living and would be happy to help

[/ QUOTE ]
My vote goes to stripsqueez. From reading his posts I have no doubt he is the one for this job!
Old 09-05-2005, 03:32 AM

Just...stop. Seriously.

Like everyone else has said, Party is a corporation. They owe nothing to you as a consumer--you decide to do business with them, and as a result must deal with rules.

The best thing to do would be to leave to Stars or some other site. Then Party loses about 50-100 5/10 or 10/20 players (who are GOOD), which means pots will be stuffed more by LAGgers, which means...more rake for Party.

This does suck. Its like a pay cut. But there's nothing we can do about it as players. No amount of protesting will get a free market corporation to lower their profits, especially in the gambling industry.

-AC
Old 09-05-2005, 03:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
party did announce a hurricane relief tourney, 30+0, 90% to redcross, party matching 100%, 10% prize pool

that should calm some ppl down a little, its not a 100% evil greedy corp.

[/ QUOTE ]
They make sure to announce stuff like that pretty heavily too. They forget to announce when they raise the rake and screw us over.