Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2005, 11:08 PM

Default Re: Corporate disobedience plan to counter the rake increase.

[ QUOTE ]

How did the rake change?

[/ QUOTE ]

$3 cap instead of $2 for 6 max tables.
Old 09-03-2005, 11:09 PM

I think your idea is reasonable. It works far better than a player boycott. Players will never boycott because once all of the good players leave, the games will be very juicy, and just attract more sharks..
Old 09-03-2005, 11:49 PM

You'd have to make it very clear to Party that if they banned you and all your buddies, that you'd find ways to come back. I.E. this isn't just a one time annoyance for them. Because if it is, the thrust of your power play goes away quickly. Seems like you'd at the very least have to have some intelligent discourse with them in addition to your crazy scheme, to get the full force of the threat across to those morons that run Party.

Also, why are you doing this? This doesn't really make sense to me on a moral or pragmatic level. Morally, Party Poker seems to be running a legitimate business, and you're using guerilla tactics against them. They're not a monopoly, they're not evil, they're just capitalists. You're akin to a terrorist in that you're unhappy about injustices that are really products of superiority of power, not ABUSE of that power.

Plus, on a pragmatic level, at first glance it doesn't look like it has much of a chance, just like most terrorists don't have much of a chance of toppling whatever organization they target. Too few resources (ok pros, raise your hand if you're willing to do this mind-numbing exercise long enough for Party to feel the sting...), too little power (I agree with all the people who say pros don't matter enough to Party). And if they get aggressive and hit us back, our limited resources are already taxed. We're like a powerful, but small ally of the U.S...we can't fight them head-on, we need their cooperation, so we put up with their bullshit. Think about it, they'll start banning your accounts, seizing your funds, blocking your IPs, and nobody will have the strength to stand up to it, nor the inclination...again, another vote: how many pros are going to be willing to jump through all the hoops and lower your bottom line by an incredible amount just for far away hopes and for the cause? Partygirl, you'll discover, in your noble quest for lower rake, all the problems of every small-time revolutionary in the history of the world.
Old 09-03-2005, 11:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
People weren't bitching in this thread. They were attempting to have an intelligent discourse to explore the possibility of reversing Party's recent change to their rake structure.

You were bitching.

[/ QUOTE ]
The tired old "You are whining about whining" argument doesn't apply in this case, for several reasons, the foremost being that there is no possibility of Party reversing their decision. Even assuming there was, the solution proposed in this thread is about a million times worse than solutions A, B, and C.

Playing at a different site would be less hassle, just as profitable, and likely more benficial to poker as a whole, than making sure the timer hit "2" before I make a decision. The same can likely be said of other actions, but this can be said for sure: Party will not make the cap $2 at 6max tables.

EDIT: Oh, I also heard that if we all agree not to buy gas next Tuesday, the oil companies will be forced to lower prices. Boycott!
Old 09-04-2005, 12:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You're akin to a terrorist in that you're unhappy about injustices that are really products of superiority of power, not ABUSE of that power.

[/ QUOTE ]

chillll winstaaan!
Old 09-04-2005, 12:17 AM

F Party, I'm so pissed off that I'll do the sit out before I leave the table. That way I'm not slowing down the game and am providing a 5max table for awhile.
Old 09-04-2005, 12:48 AM

If you want to make a website that explains how players are getting screwed and link it in chat windows, I think that's fine. If it's a good website I'll even link it at my tables. Please don't slow down the games though. That idea is very stupid.
Old 09-04-2005, 02:22 AM

TStoneMBD is right.

I for one am not going to risk having my accounts closed and my funds confiscated. Additionally this would be a waste of my time and just an unneccessary risk because it's not going to accomplish anything.
Old 09-04-2005, 02:52 AM

Default grow up people.

This idea is absurd and would be very similar if a bunch of us got together and either spent 1 hour filling up gas or boycotted the gas stations all together. You cannot control the market and what private companies choose as a fair price. If you think you can, you are ignorant and should concentrate on more productive matters - like improving your game (sure most of you could use it) such that the rake is not as painful, or move up in limits. Right now it hurts to fill up my car, hurts a lot, but I am not going to hop on my bike and parade around town like an idiot.

Don't like the rake? Think party is charging too much? Stop playing poker and get another job.
Old 09-04-2005, 04:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll expatiate on this matter in the coming days but for now I will say that many of you are being so weak. 1 day of 2p2 go slowing can cost party $1 million. That is a lot even for party. That is $1 million immediately, but the long term effects will be larger as it will annoy the fish and some of them will leave, email party etc. Lets say we organise this 1 day go slow and it costs them $ 1,000,000. We can then use the (genuine) threat of further action as a bargaining tool.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are vastly overestimating the amount of 2p2'ers this affects.
First of all, only SH tables changed, so you only have the HUSH people to work with. People who now play full and used to play SH won't care much, people who still have to pass the SH levels won't care too much either since they never knew different.

So that leaves the HUSH population. Out of all those you can get rid of the casual players since they don't play a ton. They'll realize they're affected but since they don't play high volumes it's not going to make a huge difference in their end of the month figures, and since they have jobs that pay for their monthly nut it won't be a big deal.

So that leaves the HUSH pro's and high volume part-timers. Now look through the HUSH forum, there are maybe what, 50 of us? (Yes, 50, start looking through threads and count. There's really not that many of us) I'll be very very generous and give you 100 people (To account for lurkers and people who don't post much like me). Party regularly has 50k+ people online. 100 isn't even a drop in the bucket.