Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2005, 03:52 AM

Default AQo probably reverse dominated (6max)

Here both opponents are loose passive (vpip of about 60-70, very low pf raise 0-2% and post flop 0.5-0.6), here's the hand:

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

River: (7.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, SB folds.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB

I called down but I don't know the right answer.

Abelardo
Old 09-03-2005, 03:53 AM

Default Re: AQo probably reverse dominated (6max)

If their aggro there is over a decent size and/or good observation, I can find a fold on the turn.
Old 09-03-2005, 04:12 AM

BB stats are over a decent sample (probably around 120-150 hands at the moment of the hand), are you sure about the fold? You could have a few more outs (paring the board T or 4 but it won't help if villian has AT you'll need a Q) on the river, and there's also a probably small chance your hand is best at the moment.

Abelardo
Old 09-03-2005, 06:03 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En respuesta a:</font><hr />
If their aggro there is over a decent size and/or good observation, I can find a fold on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

no, you can't and you shouldn't. but it is something that you'd thinking about saying here.
Old 09-03-2005, 07:38 AM

Don't fold top pair here. You might still be good and if not you might have hidden outs to improve. Calling down is fine but I think some will say you can find a raise on the turn.
Old 09-03-2005, 09:09 AM

I would have raised the turn for value. I think that it was more likely that BB had Ax and that you were ahead, rather than reverse dominated.

Basically there were more combinations of Ax that BB could hold on the flop that did not give him 2 pair, than the 3 combinations that did.

If BB then 3-bet the turn, I think that it would have become more likely that you were behind and it would have made sense to call down.

Remember that even if you had been reverse dominated by Ax on the turn, that you could have had up to 9 outs to improve (or counterfeit) to a better 2 pair.
Old 09-03-2005, 11:08 AM

any notes on villian? a .5ish AF isn't too bad with someobody with a VPIP of 60-70.
Old 09-03-2005, 11:54 AM

No sorry, I didn't notice anything in particular (I was multitabling). If the guy bets any ace I should raise (and AF of 0.5 could be any ace), but if he bets 2 pair should I raise the river if the board pairs the T or 4? Thanks everyone for replying.

Abelardo