Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2005, 04:12 AM

Default Re: Starting over...HELP = )

Awaiting cashout at party. 48 hours apparently? Hopefully it will go quicker.

Stars is definetly the place to go?
Old 09-02-2005, 06:34 AM

Okay well here's the start of my grinding.

Put a straight 60 bucks into Stars and am going to start at .05/.10 limit omaha h/l and
.05/.10 limit HE

if everyone here doesn't mind I'm gunna post results daily here so I have a record of my play. If you do mind I can just make a spreadsheet I suppose but I'm more likely to cheat myself that way.
Old 09-02-2005, 08:16 AM

So I came back on today and find my account with 17.58. Yea Apparently party decided I had done enough with their $15.

[/ QUOTE ]

I locked onto this portion of your post and am curious about this. Are you saying they just suddenly removed the $15 comp from your account randomly? That seems a bit strange.
Old 09-02-2005, 09:04 AM

Not playing card games for money in a drunken stupor would be a good resolution to make, I'd say
Old 09-02-2005, 11:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Okay well here's the start of my grinding.

Put a straight 60 bucks into Stars and am going to start at .05/.10 limit omaha h/l and
.05/.10 limit HE

if everyone here doesn't mind I'm gunna post results daily here so I have a record of my play. If you do mind I can just make a spreadsheet I suppose but I'm more likely to cheat myself that way.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did this also to keep track of earnings also. I just picked up one of those cheap daily planners for $.99 and write in the day space what's in the cashier after the session. It's also nice cause there's places for notes and you can keep passwords etc., in there. Just a thought. Put them in ink so you can't erase.
Old 09-02-2005, 05:57 PM

Perhaps i was a bit harsh in my first reply -- you do seem to imply that the drunken play was a one-time binge -- but suffice it to say, self-discipline is going to be essential to winning at poker. That dead horse has been beaten though so i'll move on.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's a better solution: http://www.pokercharts.com/

If all of us posted our results on here, the forum would soon be unreadable. One of us could probably get away with it but it's not your month yet. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-02-2005, 11:12 PM

Will do [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks much. Everyone