Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2005, 01:08 PM

Default Re: Joey Harrington.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It isn't Harrington's fault, it is the lines fault.

Every play he was given time he made good throws but most of the game he was playing on the run or getting sacked. Same is true for Kevin Jones he was just swallowed because that line got no push.

Not to mention that the Rams had one of the worst run defenses in the league last year.

[/ QUOTE ]

The blocking was horrible but Joey also overthrew or underthrew at least 4 or 5 passes that I saw. He just doesn't look like he has the "playmaking" ability. Even the passes he completes look forced and unusaual rather then a natural throw.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought on the few plays he had time he looked Ok, but you are right not all that good.

My point is I don't know any QB or RB for that matter that could have gotten much done with the way that O-line played last night.
Old 08-30-2005, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It isn't Harrington's fault, it is the lines fault.

Every play he was given time he made good throws but most of the game he was playing on the run or getting sacked. Same is true for Kevin Jones he was just swallowed because that line got no push.

Not to mention that the Rams had one of the worst run defenses in the league last year.

[/ QUOTE ]

The blocking was horrible but Joey also overthrew or underthrew at least 4 or 5 passes that I saw. He just doesn't look like he has the "playmaking" ability. Even the passes he completes look forced and unusaual rather then a natural throw.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought on the few plays he had time he looked Ok, but you are right not all that good.

My point is I don't know any QB or RB for that matter that could have gotten much done with the way that O-line played last night.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah dont get me wrong the O line was terrible and Joey was being pressured a lot (which is one thing I though her looked great at was his scrambling he actaully avoided sacks rather then just taking them). He just seems to not be able to make the open throws on a quick out or a quick slant. The only pass he threw that impressed me was a lob to R. Williams that fell in perfectly.
Old 08-30-2005, 03:17 PM

Cause he put up some awesome numbers in his prime with the 49ers.

I didn't even know he was on the Lions. I'd be pretty happy about it if I was a Lions fan. Hopefully age hasn't caught up with him yet.
Old 08-30-2005, 04:28 PM

All preseason long he has looked like he is a little lost in the offense. I know he has put up good numbers.

His reads are off though, he is checking down when he should be looking deep and looking deep when he should be checking down. He has been a little off on his short slants, etc. I know it is just preseason, but he seems to be making the mistakes, that against a good defense, could really get him in trouble. Last night he just happened to get in trouble. Does this mean I'm watching too much film?

I don't think Garcia is the answer either. He just seems to be gun shy at this point. I think Harrington will still have a decent year. He has a very good offense around him. I just don't think he will ever be the stud that a #3 pick is suposed to be.
Old 08-30-2005, 07:13 PM

I saw the MNF game last night. Harrington just looks lost out there. He's got the best talent possible with 3 straight first round WRs, yet he can't get them the ball. I agree that the Lions offensive scheme may be to blame, but it seems like such a waste of talent having all of those premium WR picks, yet unable to use them.

On the other side of the ball, the Detroit defense showed some spark, causing some turnovers and putting up some intensity, pressuring the QB. Maybe the defense can stabilize the team until they can figure out the passing game on offense.

Can Harrington really do it, though? If they have to rely on Garcia to lead them to the playoffs, they might as well start looking at the draft board for next year.
Old 09-02-2005, 10:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
attention all you fantasy geeks...pick up jeff garcia for your last pick..you will be thanking me all the way to the bank!

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope.
Old 09-02-2005, 10:57 PM

Harrington didn't look that good but I think part of that was the pressure he was under all night. But of course a qb in his fourth season(or is it third?) should find away to negate the rush instead of just taking shots all night. Find a hot receiver and get rid of it quick.

I just hope he doesnt tank kevin Jones this year.
Old 09-12-2005, 08:38 PM

See what I mean? Here we go again. Do you think the Lions' fans noticed that Green Bay completely self-destructed in week one and ANY team in the league would have beaten them with that lousy performance?

There must be other QBs in the league that look at the Lions' offense and salivate.