Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2005, 10:35 PM

Default Re: My friend, rehab, and insanity

[ QUOTE ]
He broke his phone as an example of how possesions are useless. (he was ranting about this apparently)

edit: He is 22.

[/ QUOTE ]

early 20s and late teens are when schizophrenia can really take place in men. He needs to be checked out by a trained psychiatrist, cause from everything that you have described, it really looks like schizophrenia has reared its ugly head
Old 09-02-2005, 10:39 PM

V awesome post. Well not awesome in what has happend, but awesome in well written and sounds v. honest. I don't agree with the cut him off completely thing, it only makes the gap between family and friends so much bigger when you really do want help but you are unable to ask for it because you have slid so far from eachother. Take him home to you, stuff some roofies in him, tie him up and keep him tied up til you get through to him! Well maybe not tied up, but constantly look after him, talk to him and watch him.

Keep us updated on the progress for your friend.
Old 09-02-2005, 10:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He broke his phone as an example of how possesions are useless. (he was ranting about this apparently)

[/ QUOTE ]

Man... that is exactly, EXACTLY what my friend did. Threw his phone into the fireplace and went on a twenty minute rant about how possessions are useless.

[/ QUOTE ]

Word. I have a friend who has bi-polar mania, when he stopped taking his medicine last year he went pretty much crazy and told everyone he was god and threw away everything (he also threw his phone in the air a bunch of times and broke it) and ended up just playing guitar and begging on the streets of Isla Vista.

He wound up being arrested while staying in my house alone over the summer because our roomates sister showed up for a volleyball camp and he was smoking weed in the dark with a naked homeless man and was unresponsive to her questions as to who he was and what he was doing there.

He ended up getting help and is doing pretty well.
Old 09-02-2005, 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Consult with doctors and local authorities and keep his parents involved; turning your backs on the situation will not make it go away. Joe could be a serious threat to himself or others and should at least recieve a professional diagnosis.

[/ QUOTE ]

This really scares me, however. He thinks he is invincible and I am worried he may hurt hmself.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is precisely why he needs professional help. Of course he refuses to acknowlege a problem - he's an f'n god, don't you know? Cops on the beat don't understand his needs anymore than you or I do which is why you need to talk with a professional social worker who's employed by the local authorities. I don't know what agency you need to be in contact with, but I know they are out there and you need to find them. Get in contact with the local court and ask who to get advice from.

Your friend sounds like he needs to be comitted to mitigate the danger to himself and others. Find out precisely how this is done in your locality and get the ball rolling.

Noone here can make it happen and it sounds like his parents want to ignore the situation. You are his lifeline.

I'd be willing to help you research your options, If you're interested, PM me you city, state and county and I'll see what I can come up with.
Old 09-02-2005, 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he was smoking weed in the dark with a naked homeless man

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah my friend brought a homeless dude to my house one night (he was kind of dating my [censored] up female roommate) and they tried to sell us crack. That was the night I called his parents. And it was really [censored] up cause it was like 6am and I had been up all night doing... unmentionables.
Old 09-02-2005, 10:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
....our roomates sister showed up for a volleyball camp and he was smoking weed in the dark with a naked homeless man and was unresponsive to her questions as to who he was and what he was doing there.

He ended up getting help and is doing pretty well.

[/ QUOTE ]

You would be one heck of a person to get drunk with Sponger. You seem to have a lot of wild stories.
Old 09-02-2005, 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Take him home to you, stuff some roofies in him, tie him up and keep him tied up til you get through to him! Well maybe not tied up, but constantly look after him, talk to him and watch him.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good point. He should not be left alone; do you have a group of friends willing to stay with him? He's probably not sleeping much if at all and should be monitored pretty much around the clock. You (O.P.) obviously know this is a serious situation, there are people here telling you it is a VERY serious situation. His parents probably should be part of this vigil, they'll likely be needed to make the committment process go more smoothly.

IIRC, when we committed my friend her brother was the primary contact with the Sherrif although about 6 of us had been watching her day and night for about a week. His involvement made the process easier.
Old 09-02-2005, 11:00 PM

Please have this friend start posting to 00t. It's gotten dull around here lately.
Old 09-02-2005, 11:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
he was smoking weed in the dark with a naked homeless man

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah my friend brought a homeless dude to my house one night (he was kind of dating my [censored] up female roommate) and they tried to sell us crack. That was the night I called his parents. And it was really [censored] up cause it was like 6am and I had been up all night doing... unmentionables.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you just outed yourself, dude.
Old 09-02-2005, 11:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you just outed yourself, dude.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

One of the first threads I started here was how I like to drink alone. I give advice in all the weed and coke threads. I thought I was outed like 2000 posts ago.