Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2005, 08:27 AM

Default Re: \"Standard\" bluff ?

[ QUOTE ]
So pretty much you are putting villain on KK and who cares what youre representing, he's folding with the A high board?

[/ QUOTE ]

Or something weaker... I think it'll work often enough to be +EV. Betting this flop is a lot better though, and I'd assume I was protecting my hand rather than bluffing when he checks.
Old 09-02-2005, 10:09 AM

Someone who raise 12 % of his hands have a wide range of hands here IMO. And yes I dont represent a specific hand, I look like Im slowplaying, and they dont know me enough to know that I would not slowplay a lot on this flop. But, as I was saying, someone with say KJ or 99 would have to be very sure of his read and have a lot of guts to continue to play this hand. In the hand they both folded pretty quickly.
Old 09-02-2005, 01:48 PM

How'd it work out btw?

As a comparison this is a similar one from yesterday:

Me: 7h 7d on button

4 to the flop of: Jh 9d 6d

checked around

Turn: J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

check, check, UTG bets $15, I call (you could argue a raise here if I don't believe him, which I don't, but I wanted to see if one of the blinds were getting cute).

River: 10c

he bets $20, I raise to $100, he folds.
Old 09-02-2005, 02:18 PM

I pretty much bet whenever it's checked to me in last position on the flop, especially in an unraised pot. I realize this opens me up to checkraises, but maybe I've been lucky so far.
Old 09-02-2005, 02:40 PM

They both folded pretty quickly after my raise.
Old 09-02-2005, 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I pretty much bet whenever it's checked to me in last position on the flop, especially in an unraised pot. I realize this opens me up to checkraises, but maybe I've been lucky so far.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do it a lot also, but I often prefer to bet from the second to last position as It give more credit to my bet and I dont let the last position player the opportunity to steal [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]. I fire a lot of second barrels in the unraised pots also.
Old 09-02-2005, 05:26 PM

Killah, it's the fact that this board is so rediculously draw heavy that it would be suicidal to check a set on it. The type of people who check sets on these type of boards are the same type of people that min raise the bettor on the turn. I call this type of bet a large percentage of the time with top pair + and it's fairly profitable. On this board I think I would put the opponent on an underpair that decided to blow me off the hand. I know people fold to this type of bluff often, but I really don't think the line is coherent if the villain isn't a donk. Of course it depends on Raven's image too if he is a tricky lag I am more inclined to give him credit for something. If he is abc, then the raise doesn't make sense.