Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: yay or nay?
yay 2 8.33%
nay 22 91.67%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-01-2005, 05:50 PM

Default Re: Call or fold this QQ?

My original thought was fold but after thinking about this alittle Im wondering why is he firing away unless it's a weak K which I doubt because he called the raise.

If he has a T he is surely going to check raise you or maybe even slowplay them till the end.

If he has AK or KQ he should also checkraise you.

My thoughts are he has a lower PP (jacks or 9's) and he thinks you missed or is just trying to make a move here.

Last thing is he might have JQ for the open ended draw. This is a seriously tough hand to play though after you think of it.
Old 09-02-2005, 08:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If he has a T he is surely going to check raise you or maybe even slowplay them till the end.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree with the rest of your logic except for this statement but only because the flop was TTK. If it was say TT2 and I have a T then I slowplay or checkraise the pre-flop raiser. Since the K hit the board, I am firing a decent amount to induce a push since there's a good chance you've got AK or KQ due to the pre-flop raise.

Bottom line... you're VERY likely behind at this point. Will an over-the-top push make him fold? Maybe, but is it worth the risk considering your relative chip stack? I don't think so...
Old 09-02-2005, 09:38 AM

i voted all in because i thought villain was pushing his whole stack in on flop (the 450).. once I reread realized its easy fold.
Old 09-02-2005, 09:39 AM

Default Results

I pushed, he folded.

Some brought up that they would fold because of their stacksize, I strongly disagree with this. I actually suspected that my oponnent had this same sort of reasoning, which i can exploit as his weakness. We were the two big stacks, to me his slight overbet on the flop was him saying "let's end this right here, i don't wanna play this for all my chips". It might've ment he had a weak K, but nevertheless i was quite sure he would fold to my allin. The fact that i have QQ doesn't matter at all.

Now i just hope that all my fellow 2+2'ers on the 215's aren't gonna abuse this and overbet-trap me [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 09-02-2005, 09:51 AM

Default Re: Results

Abel, Maybe you were right on this one but I still have to disagree with the push and say it wasn't worth it. Sounds like you had a slight read on this guy that lead you to the decision though.. As a co-chip leader I don't fire out 1/4 of my stack against the other leader this early in the tourney in this situation unless I'm willing to go all-in. Maybe I've just been burned a few too many times recently by other big stacks setting me up like this when I pushed in similar situations.. seems like an unnecesarry risk to me now.