Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2005, 08:58 AM

Default TPTK.. probably pretty obvious, but I\'m here to learn.. :)

I get TPTK and backdoor flush on flop, and MP3 is extremely lose and limps with just about anything.

Cryptologic 1.00/2.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(9 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (8.00 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls.

Turn: (7.00 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (11.00 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP3 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 11.00 BB.

Results in white:

<font color="white"> Krape55 showed [7s 7c] and won ($21) with Three of a kind, Sevens, Jack high </font>

Should I have played it differently? My reasoning on the flop, was to punish flush and straight-draws, and when the blank came on turn I bet out, since I reasoned I would call a bet anyhow. I figured I was behind at this point, so I decided to cut my losses..

Any thoughts? A bit loose to 3-bet on the flop? Should I've just checked on the turn..?
Old 09-02-2005, 09:06 AM

Default Re: TPTK.. probably pretty obvious, but I\'m here to learn.. :)

I play it exactly the same. He probably checked on the river because the Td could have given you the straight or the flush. He made a mistake not capping the flop, so just be thankful he let you off easy!

BTW, don't post results as it tends to skew the advice you get.
Old 09-02-2005, 09:07 AM

Nah I like it very much. I play it exactly the same against an unknown. If I knew the player was very passive, I could see folding to the turn CR but that won't happen often. There's also no way in hell I bet this river after the CR on the turn. NH.
Old 09-02-2005, 09:09 AM

I play it the same. Thank you for 3-betting your TPTK. And betting the turn. After getting raised again, checking behind on the river is perfect.

I think it's altogether lovely. Haven't read your results, but I assume you lost to some random two pair holding (or a straight?) of MP3's. But he will have something like J6o most of the time here.

Edit: the J6o comment was before the turn raise...not betting that turn would hurt. Betting the river would be chip spewing.
Old 09-02-2005, 09:10 AM

Well done. As I thought about your hand I was thinking about how I usually bet the river. And how it bites me in the ass when they check-raise me. Something for me to work on.
Old 09-02-2005, 09:17 AM

I play it the same as well. Haven't looked the results yet, but if MP3 won he made a big mistake by not betting the river. Checking behind him on the river is correct imo. Getting check raised would suck.